Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Weekend Play List 5/27/22
itscalledreality May 27, 2022
Hello Gaming on Linux community!

I thought it would be fun to share what games and activities we’re all playing this week/weekend.

Rules, just list what games/activities you're up to. Perhaps someone's doing something interesting somewhere or you'll share/discover a game that someone else has shared/discovered.

I’ll start:

Build: I’m running Manjaro on an i7-2600k Sandy Bridge, 32G RAM w/ Nvidia 3070 gpu. Just upgraded to SSDs across the board and moved my HDD to backup duty.

Life is Strange - played the first episode and stopped, a day later I picked it back up and totally forgot about using the core ability as I wandered around Chloe’s house pixel hunting for puzzle solutions for a half-hour before remembering. The ability makes puzzles a lot easier.

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition - fun game if a bit basic. I’m 3 levels deep and wondering if I should quit and just play Darksiders 2, I’ve read that the first entry gets taxing.

Dark Souls 3 - finished after a long hiatus due to making it to the end of the game but tired of playing the cheap end bosses alone.

Kingdom of the Dead - I’ll probably play at least one level from this great little indie game that deserves more attention.

I’m also going to a Mets/Phillies game this weekend that I’m pretty excited about.

Your turn!

Last edited by itscalledreality on 27 May 2022 at 8:32 pm UTC
on_en_a_gros May 27, 2022
I'm at a wedding far away from my computer but if I manage to find some free time over the weekend, a resident evil PS1 rom is waiting for me on my phone.
denyasis May 27, 2022
This is an extended weekend due to holidays where I live. I generally only game at night:
Saturday: Building a bat house, Dying Light the Following, maybe Star Traders Frontiers.

Sunday: Demolishing a garage with some of my siblings, Dying Light: The Following, maybe perusing my library for a scifi strategy I haven't played (thinking Dominions 5, in space, if that exists) if I have time when I get home.

Monday: Installing vent fans in a trailer at work (what? double pay? Skeleton crew? Administration is gone and won't bug you with stupid requests? Yes, I'll work!). Prolly still Dying Light The Following. I've been trying to stick with games to the end as I have a horrible tendency to never finish games.

Looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend.
Pengling May 28, 2022
I'll most likely be playing a heap of the battle-royale game Super Bomberman R Online, which I've been getting back into lately, and which is very fun and fair for a free-to-play title. I'll have to find some time for the daily seed in Blazing Beaks, too.

I might also fire up Duck Game, and dip into some classics like Pocky & Rocky via RetroPie (it's a pretty easy compile on the desktop with only a minor annoyance relating to Xbox 360 controllers being recognised initially, and it's well worth doing if you're into retro gaming).

Last edited by Pengling on 28 May 2022 at 9:28 am UTC
AngryAnt May 28, 2022
When not working we'll be playing some Aeons End and when I'm solo I'll probably be playing some Kingdom Hearts 1.5 via the tablet or maybe cruise around a bit in Sable via the TV & nicer sound.
itscalledreality May 28, 2022
Quoting: PenglingDuck Game, and dip into some classics like Pocky & Rocky via RetroPie (it's a pretty easy compile on the desktop with only a minor annoyance relating to Xbox 360 controllers being recognised initially, and it's well worth doing if you're into retro gaming).

Love Duck Game, great fast paced romp with friends.

This also reminded me I need to set up my Steam Link Pi to also load Retro Pi.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.