You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Weekend Play List 6/3/22
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
itscalledreality Jun 3, 2022
The second weekly play list! The rules are that you tell the GamingOnLinux community what you’re up to this week. Share games and activities, you discover something you’ve never experienced.

I will be finally diving into Elden Ring this weekend.

I am also playing “tinker with Manjaro and figure out what you changed” in order to get Serious Sam 3: BFE working again.

Outside of that I’ve been enjoying the Risk of Rain 2 DLC with friends.

And Supraland which is a very relaxing but very fun open world puzzle platformer. It’s on sale right now and highly recommend.

Last edited by itscalledreality on 4 June 2022 at 7:23 pm UTC
Pengling Jun 4, 2022
Last weekend I mentioned that I'd be playing a lot of Super Bomberman R Online (which I did!), but with the recent announcement of its closure, it feels like it would be better to spend my time on games that won't be going away, and reduce the time spent on that particular title. I intend to enjoy it while it's still here, though!

I'm still on a Bomberman kick, so I'll be spending some of this weekend's gaming time playing a fan-translation of the Japan-only SNES game Super Bomberman 4 via RetroPie on Xubuntu. This may also involve some multi-player matches on the big TV if any of my gaming relatives drop by.

With the Atari 2600 approaching its 45th anniversary, I'll probably also play a little bit of my favourite game for that console, Cosmic Ark, which also happens to be the first known sequel to a home-console video game. Just some nice alien-rescuing score-chasing goodness.

That aside, on the non-gaming front I'll be digging into more scambaiting recordings and documentaries by the likes of Scammer Payback, Trilogy Media, Jim Browning, and Skeleton Syskey, all of whom waste the time of scammers in humourous ways (and help any victims that they can) in order to raise awareness about the very sad subject of scams that primarily target elderly and/or vulnerable people. They mainly cover telephone-based "tech-support"/"refund" scams, so it's quite a different beast to the long-lived websites that go after advance fee fraud e-mail scams, since the phone-based scams tend to involve many more misuses of legitimate technologies by the scammers, which the scambaiters often turn back on them. If you're not familiar with this stuff, this video from the YouTube channel of Jim Browning is a good place to start.

Last edited by Pengling on 4 June 2022 at 6:48 am UTC
itscalledreality Jun 4, 2022
Quoting: PenglingLast weekend I mentioned that I'd be playing a lot of Super Bomberman R Online (which I did!), but with the recent announcement of its closure….

That aside, on the non-gaming front I'll be digging into more scambaiting recordings and documentaries by the likes of Scammer Payback, Trilogy Media, Jim Browning, and Skeleton Syskey….

That’s too bad about Bomberman R, I’ve been meaning to pick it up on sale. I had tons of fun playing Bomberman Live! on the Xbox back in the day with friends.

If you enjoy those recordings you may get a kick out of the prank calls to slimey radio host Gorgeous George. I believe the clips are still on Youtube.
denyasis Jun 4, 2022
All week I've had an itch for strategy, debating between Space Empires 4 and Dominions 5. I ended up setling on Dominions 5. (I also hold out secret hope that some friends of mine might like it and we can try out multiplayer)

I wish there were more guides that weren't YouTube. Just let me read it, not watch 45 minutes of rambling to find the 30 second of info I really wanted, lol.

Mostly trying to relax the rest of the weekend. I augered a hole for a post this morning, but I hit a large root, flooding the hole... So it'll have to wait to dry it out until the root dies or scabs. No point in doing concrete until then.
Pengling Jun 5, 2022
Quoting: itscalledrealityThat’s too bad about Bomberman R, I’ve been meaning to pick it up on sale.
Super Bomberman R is still worth getting, and that game is unaffected (though I have no idea if its online mode is still supported) - it's an excellent return to form for the series.

The one that's ending is the confusingly-named free-to-play title Super Bomberman R Online, which is unrelated except for a shared game-engine - it really should've been named "Bomberman Battle Royale" or something.

Quoting: itscalledrealityIf you enjoy those recordings you may get a kick out of the prank calls to slimey radio host Gorgeous George. I believe the clips are still on Youtube.
I've never heard of that guy, but I'll give it a look - thanks!

Quoting: denyasis(I also hold out secret hope that some friends of mine might like it and we can try out multiplayer)
It's always great when that works out. I remember having some luck with that in my teens, when showing Jazz Jackrabbit 2 to some friends resulted in a localised explosion of popularity for the game and its multi-player mode (that was back during the dial-up era, and it worked great).

Last edited by Pengling on 5 June 2022 at 6:11 am UTC
Liam Dawe Jun 5, 2022
Been blasting through Splitgate that runs really nicely now. Also discovered Rogue Company on Steam Deck and like it quite a lot as a competitive shooter.
itscalledreality Jun 5, 2022
Quoting: Liam DaweBeen blasting through Splitgate that runs really nicely now. Also discovered Rogue Company on Steam Deck and like it quite a lot as a competitive shooter.

How are you finding Steam Deck controls compared to a mouse and keyboard for competitive games? I could never be as fast as I am in Duck Game with a controller I don’t think.
Liam Dawe Jun 5, 2022
Well, not as fast of course but i'm not having too much trouble, enough fun to keep playing it. Rogue Company is a bit different since it's not an FPS but over the shoulder view which I think helps quite a bit.
Ehvis Jun 5, 2022
Began the week with Star Citizen until the free fly ended on Tuesday. Also a bit of Groove Gunner and After the Fall. And this weekend a good long session of Factorio, because factory must grow!
Mezron Jun 5, 2022
Currently at a LAN BBQ playing Tekken 3 and Street Fighter 3rd Strike.

Been playing a lot of Tallowmere on my laptop and phone.
Pengling Jun 6, 2022
Quoting: itscalledrealityI could never be as fast as I am in Duck Game with a controller I don’t think.
I prefer a controller myself but, just curious, what's your setup for Duck Game?

Granted, I'm out of practice, but I've seen some unfathomably quick people when playing online, and I've sometimes wondered about it.

Last edited by Pengling on 6 June 2022 at 6:21 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.