"Atari Mania: Microgame Madness" announced for VCS, Steam, Epic, and Switch
Pengling Jun 18, 2022
The current iteration of Atari has announced a new game in order to mark the 50th anniversary of the original Atari. It's called Atari Mania: Microgame Madness, and it'll be released for the Atari VCS, Steam, Epic Game Store, and the Nintendo Switch at some point this summer. Trailer here.

The game casts players as a caretaker who has to save Atari's history, and looks like it'll be a cross between classic Atari games and Nintendo's WarioWare (even down to offering challenges that let you unlock small remastered games, much like the original WarioWare did with Sheriff and Dr. Mario), which I think is quite a good combination given how good those old games still are for quick bursts of play.

Since the Atari VCS is a Linux-based system, I would hope that this means that the Steam release will also natively support Linux, as has also been the case for half of their "Recharged" releases so far. Anyone else looking forward to this one?
EWG Jun 19, 2022
lol this looks pretty amusing. Neat ideas.

I do want one of these systems. Maybe one day when I've got the budget to spare because I like the idea of it, arcade style games, and want to see more competition in the console space.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.