Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Nvidia 515 Deiver
robredz Jun 22, 2022
Just a question has anyone had issues in Steam with Pinball FX3 and some games needing Unreal Runtime?

When I upgraded the driver to 515 from 510, several games stopped working in Steam irrespective of Proton version Pinball FX3 fired up to a black screen that faded and the launcher went back to Play. Pinball Wicked similar. I went back to the 510 driver and they worked again. Other stuff seemed to work fine, including Control in heroic with 515.

Just wondering if others had this issue?
Xpander Jun 22, 2022
Maybe your distro of choice didn't update 32bit drivers? and those games that do not work anymore are 32bit ones?
i have been on 515 since they came out without any issues or regressions noticed.
Schattenspiegel Jun 22, 2022
Yes, there was some weirdness that made me roll back, as well.
robredz Jun 23, 2022
Thanks folks, after some research it appears its deffo the 32 bit issue Pinball FX 3 and Pinball Wicked refused to load with 515 rolled back and they ran again, but the Ray Tracing that was present in Control Epic version,in Heroic was greyed out gain, nothing altered in settings same in Pinball FX early access on Heroic as Epic exclusive. Amid Evil in 510, Ray tracing and AMD FSR OK, but no DLSS Amid Evil has DLSS in 515. OS is Ubuntu Studio 22.04 so looks like have to find a way to get that 32 bit compatability back in somehow, or stay on 510 for those games.
Stoney_Fish Aug 3, 2022
I have Ubuntu 22.04 with Nvidia 515.
Previously I could super key->search-> nvidia to open the Nvidia Settings app and see the full nvidia version and my card details.

Now I see an empty nvidia profile manager =>

Application Profiles - no profiles
Nvidia-setting configuration - a few check boxes.

Is there something that I'm missing to see the version / card details somewhere ?

Thanks
damarrin Aug 3, 2022
This happens if the nvidia driver is not running.

Also, possibly a version mismatch between nvidia settings and the driver?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.