Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Weekend Play List 6/24/22
itscalledreality Jun 24, 2022
Those beautiful Summer days are here and let me tell you the weather in my neck of the woods has been nothing but sunny blue skies, I can't wait to get outside this weekend. Wait...what's this? All the digital content marketplaces have Summer sales? As I shake my fist in the air in protest and pull down my window shade to set the right amount of light for gaming, I warn the sunny blue sky that I will be back to enjoy it's rays.

Rules: Share whatever you’re doing this weekend/week. Can be real or virtual activities and gaming.

———

I actually do intend to get outside this week, but I also did drop a wad of cash on some dollar bin classics this week from the GOG Summer Sale, here is my haul:

Toonstruck, Beautiful Desolation, Xcom 2, Day of the Tentacle, Prince of Persion 2008, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Trilogy, Beyond Good and Evil, Flashback, Jazz Jackrabbit 1 & 2 Collections, Edna & Harvey two games, Thimbleweed Park, Broken Age, Gemini Rue, Beneath A Steel Sky, Lost Horizon 1 & 2, Virtuaverse, Cave Story Plus, Jade Empire.

Couldn't pass up a lot of the classic point-and-click adventures I am currently enjoying Beneath the Steel Sky (though I have to say I would have never found the putty on the floor and this made me want a remaster of the game).

Beyond this I took a peek at Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, another game I've never played and it's pretty fun so far. Very enjoyable game play that hasn't aged too terribly. Okay maybe the fighting mechanics could be a bit better (which if I recall was the criticism of Assassin's Creed).

Otherwise I may dip into some more Max Payne 3 (which I've warmed up to a bit more but also still stand by everything I said previously), Resident Evil, or Final Fantasy 9 and make some story progress.

Going to try and get outside this weekend for some biking too if this nice weather holds up.
denyasis Jun 24, 2022
Traveling for the weekend. It's a very rural area. No cell signal. It's great. Instead of gaming (I do have my laptop), I'll be reading a bit (The Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells). It's nice
Pengling Jun 25, 2022
I'm determined to finish Jazz Jackrabbit CD this weekend - I'm right at the end now!

I also want to install the titles that I grabbed from GOG's summer sale (Bio Menace, Commander Keen Complete Pack, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, Crystal Caves, Jill of the Jungle: The Complete Trilogy, Monster Bash, Secret Agent, Stargunner, and VirtuaVerse), ranging from 39p to £2.99 with several freebies thrown in (a price-range that reminded me of buying tapes back in my C64 days), and continue with curating games for my GPD MicroPC palmtop.
itscalledreality Jun 25, 2022
Quoting: denyasisTraveling for the weekend. It's a very rural area. No cell signal. It's great. Instead of gaming (I do have my laptop), I'll be reading a bit (The Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells). It's nice

Digital escape is often key. Sounds lovely honestly.
damarrin Jun 25, 2022
I’ll be pulling some weeds, but also playing the new AI The Somnium Files on the Steam Deck. Videos don’t work, unfortunately :-(
Raaben Jun 25, 2022
My wallet is somehow still safe from all the summer sales as I manage to slowly go through my backlog. The only new games so far are those from the GoG giveaways.

I'm continuing on FF7 this weekend; finally got some mods working to replace the original models. Yes, those annoyed me enough to keep passing on the entire game until just now. I'm not huge on JRPGs but so far it's going well and I can see why it's a classic aside from nostalgia. I love and miss the detail of those old 2D backgrounds from way back then, especially when well upscaled. Gorgeous.

Last edited by Raaben on 25 June 2022 at 4:48 pm UTC
infernelu Jun 27, 2022
Got myself into Grim Dawn this weekend and also relaxed with some Heroes 3 HD.
Mezron Jun 27, 2022
On my POPS OS Gaming Laptop
YUZU - Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

After I end this, I'm probably going to be done with Yuzu. While it's a great emulating force and I highly recommend it, a lot of the games are just not for me.

I had a great time at a LOCAL BBQ event playing Dreamcast and Yuzu games but it seems like everyone is migrating toward phone gaming even the older crowd I've been gaming with for decades now.

Android Smart Phone
    Mobile Legends Bang Bang

League of Legends: Wild Rift

FOTONICA

^ This game is a huge hit in my gaming group and one that we had a lot of fun with while passing it around during the BBQ. Everyone else picked up a copy. Would love to find more games like this where 2 ppl can play on the same phone. Been playing it solo also.

Stadia

Been playing Destiny 2 on my laptop and phone also. All of my crew is heading back to the game so I started playing it briefly last night to get familiar with the controls again.

Last edited by Mezron on 27 June 2022 at 1:14 pm UTC
Pengling Jun 27, 2022
Quoting: PenglingI'm determined to finish Jazz Jackrabbit CD this weekend - I'm right at the end now!
I finished it. What a great time - nice to come back to it again after all these years.

It was a blast throughout (even if it was weird playing Holiday Hare '94 in June*), and the only episode (if you can really call it that) that slightly outstayed its welcome was the one where you play through all of the Bonus Stages consecutively - it's the only episode that doesn't have a save feature, therefore you're expected to play through all of it in one go.

*For some reason they never integrated Holiday Hare '95 into Jazz CD like they did with '94, though it's still included separately in GOG's Jazz Jackrabbit Collection. I played through that, too, again even though it's June.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.