Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Gaming at Fedora Nest
Dennis_Payne Jul 25, 2022
Fedora Nest is an online conference for Fedora Contributors. Not a Fedora Contributor? No problem. Come to Nest. See how great the Fedora community is and join us.

I will be giving a talk about Game Development with Fedora. There is a talk about Gaming of Fedora Silverblue after mine. There will probably be several game servers for people to play on during the conference.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Nest_with_Fedora_2022_Schedule
Zlopez Jul 26, 2022
  • Supporter Plus
I will have a talk about Fedora on Steam Deck as well on Fedora Nest 2022. Feel free to visit :-)
Dennis_Payne Jul 26, 2022
I didn't notice that one. I'll definitely want to see that one. I haven't bought a Steam Deck yet but it is something I'd like to get.
mr-victory Jul 27, 2022
Quoting: ZlopezFedora on Steam Deck
How do you get audio on non SteamOS distros?
Zlopez Jul 28, 2022
  • Supporter Plus
Quoting: mr-victory
Quoting: ZlopezFedora on Steam Deck
How do you get audio on non SteamOS distros?

I didn't, this is one of the issues I want to mention in the presentation.
mr-victory Jul 28, 2022
Quoting: ZlopezI didn't, this is one of the issues I want to mention in the presentation.
Nobara claims to have "Steam Deck patches", did you test Nobara?
Zlopez Jul 29, 2022
  • Supporter Plus
Quoting: mr-victory
Quoting: ZlopezI didn't, this is one of the issues I want to mention in the presentation.
Nobara claims to have "Steam Deck patches", did you test Nobara?

No, because this is a Fedora related conference, I tried to install Fedora on it, to see what's working and what not and if this is even possible.
I will switch back to SteamOS3 Holo after the conference, because I was really happy with it :-)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.