Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Proton-GE. Error message with Fedora KDE 36
lordgault Jul 30, 2022
Hi. I recently get an error message with Proton-GE whenever I start Steam.

reason wineserver killed by SIGSEGV
    cmdline /home/patrick/.local/share/Steam/compatibilitytools.d/GE-Proton7-27/files/bin/wineserver
    executable /home/patrick/.local/share/Steam/compatibilitytools.d/GE-Proton7-27/files/bin/wineserver
    pid 9393
    pwd /tmp/.wine-1000/server-28-aea8
    hostname fedora
    count 1
    first_occurence 2022-07-30 18:33:23
    last_occurence 2022-07-30 18:33:23
    user patrick (1000)
    type/analyzer CCpp/abrt-journal-core
    rootdir /
    kernel 5.18.13-200.fc36.x86_64
    container_cmdline /home/patrick/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/SteamLinuxRuntime_soldier/pressure-vessel/bin/pv-bwrap --args 26 /usr/lib/pressure-vessel/from-host/bin/pressure-vessel-adverb --generate-locales --fd 19 --regenerate-ld.so-cache /run/pressure-vessel/ldso --add-ld.so-path /usr/lib/pressure-vessel/overrides/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --add-ld.so-path /usr/lib/pressure-vessel/overrides/lib/i386-linux-gnu --set-ld-library-path /usr/lib/pressure-vessel/overrides/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/aliases:/usr/lib/pressure-vessel/overrides/lib/i386-linux-gnu/aliases --exit-with-parent --subreaper --shell=none --terminal=none -- /home/patrick/.local/share/Steam/compatibilitytools.d/GE-Proton7-27/proton run /home/patrick/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/../bin/d3ddriverquery64.exe
    runlevel N 5
    os_release Fedora release 36 (Thirty Six)

https://paste.gloriouseggroll.tv/?dbf1fd0a583d3ace#7qUvLTP6gLR2CN92onehL6YBoPL7CEQidacN1jdEDffh
Any idea why this is happening?

Last edited by lordgault on 30 July 2022 at 4:45 pm UTC
mr-victory Jul 30, 2022
Newest Proton GE is known to have issues, can you try Proton GE 7-21?
lordgault Jul 31, 2022
I am testing Proton-GE 7-28 and the error seems to have disappeared.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.