Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
YouTube thinks Steam Deck content is harmful and dangerous
Liam Dawe Aug 19, 2022
Well, this wasn't how I wanted the day to start but here we are... https://twitter.com/gamingonlinux/status/1560580355954020353

sourpuz Aug 19, 2022
It might be for Microsoft. Have a little compassion for those poor sales execs.
Liam Dawe Aug 19, 2022
Aaaaand it's back after an appeal.
PublicNuisance Aug 19, 2022
Does GamingOnLinux have a channel on Odysee or Peertube ? If you don't you should. I'm not saying to ditch Youtube entirely but this BS will never end and relying on Youtube alone is a mistake in this day ad age with all of the other options.
Liam Dawe Aug 19, 2022
Nope to either and no plans, Odysee is just a TERRIBLE platform.

Anyway here's the movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-OBSvipeB8
StoneColdSpider Aug 19, 2022
YouTube being YouTube...... nothing unusal there..... Thankfully you got the video back online......

The algorithm is only as good as the person who wrote it.....
GustyGhost Aug 19, 2022
Quoting: PublicNuisanceDoes GamingOnLinux have a channel on Odysee or Peertube ? If you don't you should. I'm not saying to ditch Youtube entirely but this BS will never end and relying on Youtube alone is a mistake in this day and age with all of the other options.

Something like video.gamingonlinux.com with a peertube instance would be a really good option.
Liam Dawe Aug 19, 2022
Quoting: GustyGhost
Quoting: PublicNuisanceDoes GamingOnLinux have a channel on Odysee or Peertube ? If you don't you should. I'm not saying to ditch Youtube entirely but this BS will never end and relying on Youtube alone is a mistake in this day and age with all of the other options.

Something like video.gamingonlinux.com with a peertube instance would be a really good option.
That would cost a lot more time and money, whereas we're firmly establish on YouTube and earn plenty from it now. Moving just isn't an option for me.
Cyril Aug 19, 2022
Quotewhereas we're firmly establish on YouTube and earn plenty from it now. Moving just isn't an option for me.
I read that everywhere...
damarrin Aug 30, 2022
Quoting: damiendadait's true that starting from YouTube is not easy, good luck
Hello, are you a bot?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.