Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Disney Plus currently broken on Linux, even though the service supports Linux
Pengling Nov 8, 2022
I ran into this issue over Halloween (I ended up having to prop up my phone underneath my monitor and watch Hocus Pocus that way! I found a few days later that it can be worked around with a spoofed user-agent string), and today I was curious to see if it had been fixed yet, and just discovered this article from OMG! Ubuntu! which reveals that the problem is due to an oversight - Disney Plus' analytics have changed and the result is that the service currently only accepts "compatible" user-agent strings.

I find this poor form considering that the service has supported Linux for years, and I'd rather not have to falsely report that I'm using Windows because that does no favours to anyone, but at least there's now proper information about the cause of the problem.

As the linked article suggests, if you usually watch Disney Plus on Linux but can't right now, it's not just you.
StoneColdSpider Nov 8, 2022
You gave the evil mouse company money and expected something in return???
Anza Nov 11, 2022
I also noticed the same thing. Did rant on Twitter a bit. Not enough people are doing that for them to notice, but it made me feel little bit better at least.
Abhishek Nov 13, 2022
We have Disney+Hotstar which runs through hotstar.com, it works fine in India. This is probably only Disneyplus.com?
Anza Nov 13, 2022
Quoting: AbhishekWe have Disney+Hotstar which runs through hotstar.com, it works fine in India. This is probably only Disneyplus.com?

Could be, I'm using disneyplus.com. I saw also mention about Star Plus not working.
Anza Nov 19, 2022
Before I totally forget, they fixed the issue. I was already starting to get annoyed having to use developer tools to switch user agent. Instead of making permanent change, I just started watching Disney+ less.
Pengling Nov 19, 2022
Quoting: AnzaBefore I totally forget, they fixed the issue. I was already starting to get annoyed having to use developer tools to switch user agent. Instead of making permanent change, I just started watching Disney+ less.
Brilliant! Thanks for the heads-up - I was just starting to wonder if they were ever going to!

I got annoyed with it too - in fact, after sorting out the workaround, I haven't used it since.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.