Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Penguins in Gaming
Page: «2/4»
  Go to:
StoneColdSpider Dec 5, 2022

Screenshot from Pen Pen TRiIceLon (1999 Infogrames) - Sega Dreamcast - Sports (Triathlon)
StoneColdSpider Dec 6, 2022

Quoting: PenglingAs a result of being sponsored by British biscuit brand, Penguin (a sponsorship which resulted in Penguin outselling Kit Kat for the first time ever, back in the day), James Pond 2 - Codename: RoboCod (Amiga) features penguin characters who need to be rescued, as well as small toy penguins that appear as collectible items.
StoneColdSpider Dec 8, 2022
The Pittsburgh Penguins had a different logo in the 90's and early 2000's.....

Screenshot from NHL 2002 (2001 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (hockey)

Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey (1996 Midway) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Hockey)
whizse Dec 8, 2022
Cute little Indy Tux/penguin cameo in Crowns and Pawns:

Pengling Dec 9, 2022
Got a couple more;

The platform-shooter 20XX (PC) features some rocket-powered robot-penguin enemies!

Another obvious one for a Linux-gaming site: Super Tux Kart (PC) features Tux the Linux Penguin as one of the playable drivers.

Quoting: BlackBloodRumThat was going to be my next one!
Sorry - didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, there!

Quoting: BlackBloodRumI don't know
Hahahahaha!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderThe Pittsburgh Penguins had a different logo in the 90's and early 2000's.....
Oh no, not them again!

Quoting: whizseCute little Indy Tux/penguin cameo in Crowns and Pawns:
EE! That's adorable!
whizse Dec 20, 2022

Syberia II is pretty cool.

It takes place on the ice planet Hoth and have snow ewoks.
Or maybe not. But it does have penguins!
wvstolzing Dec 21, 2022
Deus Ex Mankind Divided has a hidden trophy that involves collecting golden penguin statues. Apparently a nod to a real life art installation in Prague. https://deusex.fandom.com/wiki/The_Golden_Rookery

Also, Batman Arkham City -- gold rating on protondb -- had a bunch of ceramic penguins in The Penguin's Museum. I think you got a little xp bonus for breaking them.

Last edited by wvstolzing on 21 December 2022 at 9:46 pm UTC
StoneColdSpider Dec 24, 2022
Two screenshots of penguins from Daze Before Christmas (1994 Sunsoft) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Platformer

Pengling Dec 25, 2022
I got my first Bomberman game for my Game Boy for Christmas when I was a youngster, so here's a penguin in a Bomberman Game Boy game for this Christmas.

Bomber Boy (Game Boy) features a penguin enemy in its ice area, and if it lays its flippers on a bomb that you've set, it will freeze it into a useless block of ice!
ced117 Dec 25, 2022
I found that nice little tux hidden in some building, i took it with me and was running away in the cold...

Near Death by Orthogonal Games - https://neardeathgame.com/

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.