Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Penguins in Gaming
Page: «3/4»
  Go to:
StoneColdSpider Jan 14, 2023

Desert Assault (1991 Data East) - Arcade - Run and Gun
Mrowl Jan 14, 2023

Pen Pen Triicelon (1998) for Dreamcast

Last edited by Mrowl on 14 January 2023 at 5:39 pm UTC
StoneColdSpider Jan 16, 2023

Screenshot from Gokujō Parodius! (1994 Konami) - Arcade - Shoot 'em up - Horizontal

Screenshot from Gokujō Parodius! (1994 Konami) - Arcade - Shoot 'em up - Horizontal

Konami are such trolls that the sign will kill you if you touch it......

The special stage boss is a Mecha Penguin!....

The special stage boss is a Mecha Penguin!....
Mrowl Mar 7, 2023
This might be my favourite Penguin found in a game, because it's from one of my favourite games:
Secret Penguin race in Shenmue 2

Unlocking the Duck Race minigame is a secret side mission in itself, but in order to race a Penguin, it currently needs to be a rainy day:

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoKnme2yrgo
Pengling May 20, 2023
I haven't seen many penguins in games that I've played lately, so I might as well post the ones that I've gathered up over the last few months!

The stage for Chill Man in Mega Man 10 (Proton, in this case) features flying penguins who drop egg-shaped bombs on the player-characters.

In the Japan-only platformer Pulseman (Mega Drive/Genesis), the Alaska and Australia stages feature robotic penguin enemies who slide around on their bellies and give chase if they spot you.

Sonic The Hedgehog (Mega Drive/Genesis) features little penguins as some of the animal-friends who leap out of destroyed enemy robots, appearing in any stage containing water. In early English-language materials for the series, this penguin character was named "Tux".

Last edited by Pengling on 20 May 2023 at 7:28 am UTC
StoneColdSpider Sep 1, 2023

Unlockable Penguin costume in PES 2008: Pro Evolution Soccer
I have not got the 5000 PES Points yet to unlock the costume..... But when I do ill take a screenshot of a team dressed as penguins.........
StoneColdSpider Sep 2, 2023

Just discovered the same costume is in Pro Evolution 6 on the PS2 as well.......
Linux_Rocks Sep 2, 2023
(Extreme) Tux Racer, Pingus, Super Tux, and Tux Kart are all great. Though for the first post, I'll stick with the first Croc on the Saturn. :P
Pengling Sep 2, 2023
I've got a couple more, both from the same series this time;

The frosty levels in World 3 of New Adventure Island (TurboGrafx-16) have penguins who spin around on their backsides and slide towards you.

Meanwhile, the beaches of the second world in Super Adventure Island (SNES) feature odd-looking little penguin enemies who dive at you when you approach.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderUnlockable Penguin costume in PES 2008: Pro Evolution Soccer
I have not got the 5000 PES Points yet to unlock the costume..... But when I do ill take a screenshot of a team dressed as penguins.........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderJust discovered the same costume is in Pro Evolution 6 on the PS2 as well.......
Oh these are great, haha! Can't wait to see them in action!

Quoting: Linux_RocksThough for the first post, I'll stick with the first Croc on the Saturn. :P
And not Bomberman?! Pff! (Saturn Bomberman is excellent, by the way - though lacking in penguins. I've got a lot of fondness for the Saturn, since it was more like a follow-up to the SNES than the Nintendo 64 was.)

Last edited by Pengling on 2 September 2023 at 6:14 pm UTC
Linux_Rocks Sep 2, 2023
Saturn Bomberman is great. Up to 10 players can play at a time locally, and it has 4 player online play (2 per console) via the Netlink (that still works via direct dial). Definitely one of the best titles in the series too. I think there is (or someone is working on) a way to play the Saturn direct dial games via a DreamPi, iirc.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.