Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Rebranding (edit: actually...nope)
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Dec 16, 2022
Rethinking it. Nothing is changing now.

Going through a very small rebrand over the next couple weeks into the new year (it will take time to adjust everything properly). Too many people keep thinking GOL is a company, and expect me to act like someone in a suit, when it's 99% just me sharing cool stuff and creating (hopefully) cool / interesting content along with opinions on various things.

What actually changes: not a lot, it's just a name and some wording clarifications.

It will also help whenever I cover something that isn't super specific to "Linux Gaming", because I grew tired very quickly of people who had a stance of if it's not ticking a very specific box, that it doesn't belong on GOL. I want to keep on covering hardware, open source, Linux gaming, Steam Deck and all the stuff in between. So if anything, it will just help me keep doing what I am already doing.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 17 December 2022 at 12:01 am UTC
Pengling Dec 16, 2022
Any chance of a sneak-preview?

Seriously, though, I'm curious now - I'm surprised that people have been mistaking GOL for a corporate entity!
StoneColdSpider Dec 16, 2022
Quoting: PenglingI'm surprised that people have been mistaking GOL for a corporate entity!
But by not being a corporation hes missing out on all fun corporate stuff...... Think of all the "Synergy" he could be having.......
tuubi Dec 16, 2022
Quoting: PenglingAny chance of a sneak-preview?

Unless I'm mistaken, we can already see it. Basically just `s/Gaming On Linux/GOL/`.
Liam Dawe Dec 16, 2022
No big design changes, just fully leaning into "GOL" instead of "GamingOnLinux". It's a small change overall.
Pengling Dec 16, 2022
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderBut by not being a corporation hes missing out on all fun corporate stuff...... Think of all the "Synergy" he could be having.......
Hahahaha!

Quoting: tuubiUnless I'm mistaken, we can already see it. Basically just `s/Gaming On Linux/GOL/`.
Ahh! I missed that before! Thanks.

Quoting: Liam DaweNo big design changes, just fully leaning into "GOL" instead of "GamingOnLinux". It's a small change overall.
Good to know - for a moment I wasn't sure if we were looking at a URL-change or something. I still don't get how people thought you were a company, though!
Liam Dawe Dec 16, 2022
An URL change will come eventually, but that's last on the list and gamingonlinux.com will stick around for many years to auto link to it so no one will get lost.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 16 December 2022 at 10:57 pm UTC
Liam Dawe Dec 16, 2022
Nothing is 100% for sure though, I'm just messing with things atm.
Pengling Dec 16, 2022
Just saw the new name on YouTube - quite like that one.
Liam Dawe Dec 16, 2022
Quoting: PenglingJust saw the new name on YouTube - quite like that one.
I am sadly stuck with that for 14 days, at least I could revert the @ handle on youtube though lol nevermind.

Someone stole Twitter though, so that's the only real thing that's changed so we're here now: https://twitter.com/GOLTwit

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 16 December 2022 at 11:44 pm UTC
StoneColdSpider Dec 17, 2022
Quoting: Liam DaweRethinking it. Nothing is changing now.
Good now you can have all the "Synergy".......
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.