Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Disappearing forum threads
Linas Jan 2, 2023
I just noticed that no fewer than 2 forum threads, which I have commented on, are nowhere to be found anymore. The only trace I have is a notification saying "X liked your forum post in the topic titled", and no title is given.

If the entire thread was deleted by the author or a moderator, it would be nice to be able to see that somewhere, like e.g. in the notifications.
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
Liam Dawe Jan 2, 2023
Yeah sounds like a bug, notifications are supposed to be wiped for a deleted post. Will look into it.
Linas Jan 2, 2023
That's part of it, yes. But the main issue here is that if the thread has been deleted, I'd like to get a notification something along the lines of "X has deleted the topic titled Y" instead of wondering where the thing disappeared?
Liam Dawe Jan 2, 2023
I'll think on that point.
Liam Dawe Jan 2, 2023
Any time a user or mod manually deletes a forum post, it will now notify people who followed it.

I'm not doing it for when a user deletes their account though, as that will end up quite expensive on SQL resources and could potentially be quite spammy to users on notifications if they did a fair few and people followed a fair few. But at least this way if it was a manual deletion, users know.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.