Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Post icons on pages not appearing FIXED
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Jan 13, 2023
Hi all, recently a bug was noticed where loading pages between comments (if you don't block JavaScript) had post icons vanish.

Found the issue today and fixed it.

Cheers.
Pengling Jan 18, 2023
I'm still getting this on the current Firefox on Xubuntu 22.04.x - going between news-comments pages causes all of the post-icons to disappear except for the Quote one, and refreshing the page brings them back.

In my User Control Panel I have "Display articles meant for multiple pages as one single page?" set to No, "Comments & forum posts per page" set to 25, and "Articles per-page, for homepage and category (tag) view" set to 15, if that makes any difference.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help narrow this down.
Liam Dawe Jan 18, 2023
Okay noooow it should be fixed.

Seems the minification tool I used for the JavaScript didn't work correctly.
Pengling Jan 18, 2023
Quoting: Liam DaweOkay noooow it should be fixed.
Just checked - looks like it's working as intended, now. Thanks Liam!
Pengling Jun 17, 2023
Just making a quick note in here: I saw this bug briefly return yesterday in a news-thread.
Liam Dawe Jun 19, 2023
Quoting: PenglingJust making a quick note in here: I saw this bug briefly return yesterday in a news-thread.
Interesting! Do you use any browser plugins?
Pengling Jun 19, 2023
Quoting: Liam DaweInteresting! Do you use any browser plugins?
I do - on the machine where it occurred, NoScript, Adblock Plus, and Privacy Badger, on current Firefox.
Liam Dawe Jun 19, 2023
Quoting: Pengling
Quoting: Liam DaweInteresting! Do you use any browser plugins?
I do - on the machine where it occurred, NoScript, Adblock Plus, and Privacy Badger, on current Firefox.
Hmm, it's entirely possible one of those block at random, which I've definitely had reported before. Let me know if it keeps happening please.
Pengling Jun 19, 2023
Quoting: Liam DaweHmm, it's entirely possible one of those block at random, which I've definitely had reported before.
To be honest, when the original bug was kicking around I just dismissed it as that!

Quoting: Liam DaweLet me know if it keeps happening please.
Will do.
Pengling Jul 5, 2023
It's happening again every time on multi-page news comments, for me right now. Not sure if it's on GOL's side, though - it could just as well be a current-Firefox thing for all I know. But, just making a note of it, as promised!
Liam Dawe Jul 5, 2023
Indeed, I just started seeing it today on Chrome. Very very strange. Will be looking into the why, something somewhere is blocking it loading correctly but I've yet to figure it out.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 5 July 2023 at 2:40 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.