The gamepad does not connect via ds4drv in hidraw mode
Vochatrak-az-ezm Jan 20, 2023
I have a gamepad - Artplays X4 In the system is visible (on the wire) as Sony Corp. DualShock 4 [CUH-ZCT2x].

With ds4drv it connects and works. But if you try to connect with --hidraw key, ds4drv is always looking for the gamepad and can not find it. hidraw mode is needed so that the gamepad is normally detected by Rpcs3 emulator, Steam and SC Controller.
damarrin Jan 20, 2023
Apparently hidraw needs root, so maybe try with that?

Also, it’s not an actual DS4, so maybe it just doesn’t work like that.
whizse Jan 20, 2023
Why would you need ds4drv in the first place? I have the DS4 and it works out of the box here.
Vochatrak-az-ezm Jan 21, 2023
QuoteApparently hidraw needs root, so maybe try with that?

No, it still won't connect.

Quoting: damarrinAlso, it's not an actual DS4, so maybe it just doesn't work like that.

Well it works over the wire through the Dwalshock's chtandard driver.

Quoting: whizseWhy would you need ds4drv in the first place? I have the DS4 and it works out of the box here.
Because it basically only connects if ds4drv is running. Otherwise it just blinks endlessly on the gamepad and that's it.
It connects fine in Windows and Android.
It's Linux that has the problem.
Vochatrak-az-ezm Jan 22, 2023
By the way:
I looked in the dmesg when I failed to connect the gamepad and it said:
``Bluetooth: Dropping L2CAP data: receive buffer overflow''.
whizse Jan 25, 2023
Just to clarify, do you have a problem actually connecting and pairing the the controller, because the ds4drv README mentions this for hidraw mode:

"To use the DS4 via bluetooth in this mode you must pair it first. "

If you actually can pair it and ds4draw in hidraw mode fails to find or work with the controller it's probably doing something different from the DS4 and you have to ask the developers to add support for it.
Vochatrak-az-ezm Jan 26, 2023
whizse
No, without ds4drv running, the gamepad does not connect via Bluetooth at all.

At the same time, this behavior is only under Linux. In Windows, this gamepad connects to the same bluetooth dongle.

There are no problems with the connection to a smartphone on Android as well.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.