Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
Mohandevir Feb 6, 2023
I don't know where to ask this... I'm running Holoiso on my secondary computer (Ryzen 5 3600 with RX 6500 XT) and I can't seem to be able to launch Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order.

I'm able to get past through the initial setup up to the point where it should launch the game, but it seems to be crashing to the EAapp again (where I can see the EAapp and my library), for a couple of seconds and then back to the Steam game page. I know this because I tried it on my Steam Deck and it works fine.

I launched it a couple of times, but same results... Deleted the compdata folder too and the Proton files every time I tried a different version of Proton... Tried Proton 7.0.6 this morning... Same, same, same!

I can't say for other EAapp games; It's the only one I play.

Mesa issue with this GPU model? Holiso problem?

Any advice would be appreciated

Last edited by Mohandevir on 6 February 2023 at 4:46 pm UTC
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
Forge Feb 6, 2023
It's not just SJFO, it's not just you, EA broke all their games for everyone on Linux, including Deck, because they are greedy and wanted their new launcher to harvest more and more user information to sell. It is broken on all Linux installs currently.
Mohandevir Feb 6, 2023
In fact, the latest Proton (7.0.6) solves it. It works on my Steam Deck, just not on my Desktop, but thanks anyway.
melkemind Feb 6, 2023
No idea if this is related since I haven't touched the game since Origin died, but I remember needing this environment variable to force it to recognize the correct graphics card back when I played:

VK_ICD_FILENAMES=/usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/radeon_icd.x86_64.json

The exact path might be different on your distro.
Mohandevir Feb 6, 2023
That did the trick. I had to "sudo nano /etc/environment" and copy that string into it. It worked. Thanks a lot!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.