Lack of will!
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Chuckaluphagus Mar 27, 2023
Quoting: pete910

It's arrived!!!!!
Aside from everything else I'm sure you want to play on it, I found it useful to do a full run through "Aperture Desk Job," the included tutorial game. It only takes half an hour or so, and it helped me get accustomed to some of the newer (to me, in any event) features that I hadn't experienced with a controller before - most notably being able to activate the gyroscopic motion control on the fly whenever you rest your thumb on the right thumb stick.

It's also very fun. That doesn't hurt, of course.

Last edited by Chuckaluphagus on 27 March 2023 at 5:01 pm UTC
FSFmember May 23, 2023

It's arrived!!!!!
So, how may times did you play since?!
pete910 May 23, 2023
Quoting: FSFmember

It's arrived!!!!!

Not much of late TBH, Been stupidly busy with work. (Under orders tonight to be home due to grandson)

Mrs has used it a few times but not much either.
FSFmember May 23, 2023
Quoting: pete910Not much of late TBH, Been stupidly busy with work.
Oh pete910 i don't even know you and already worried about you
Now, you can call me doctor. Yes and doctor prescribes the following program for next week:

1. Ban on work!
2. Minimum of 4 hours a day gaming on the Deck!
3. You can also give some love to your desktop off course, those strategy and FPS games are not gonna play themselves!

'Tis what your doctor orders. No cheating!

Oh and off course some multiplayer with Mrs is mandatory as well... Can be even done, dare I say, *after* the gaming session as well, if you know what i mean, pete910.

The doctor knows what's best! And work it ain't, let me tell ya.

Cheers

Last edited by FSFmember on 23 May 2023 at 7:59 pm UTC
pete910 May 24, 2023
Quoting: FSFmemberOh pete910 i don't even know you and already worried about you
Now, you can call me doctor. Yes and doctor prescribes the following program for next week:

1. Ban on work!
2. Minimum of 4 hours a day gaming on the Deck!
3. You can also give some love to your desktop off course, those strategy and FPS games are not gonna play themselves!

'Tis what your doctor orders. No cheating!

I would love to be able to do that

Quoting: FSFmemberOh and off course some multiplayer with Mrs is mandatory as well... Can be even done, dare I say, *after* the gaming session as well, if you know what i mean, pete910.

Quoting: FSFmemberThe doctor knows what's best! And work it ain't, let me tell ya.

Nice sentiment and agree but needs must sometimes .
FSFmember May 24, 2023
All good Pete. Hope to learn from you in the future about you and your grandson sharing a nice multiplayer session. Wish you all the best. But - sometimes - do remember the doctor...
Chuckaluphagus May 24, 2023
Quoting: FSFmember

It's arrived!!!!!

Not much of late TBH, Been stupidly busy with work.
pete910, I can sympathize, I've also had barely any time to play for a few weeks now.

Remember that the Steam Deck has a sleep function, which makes it a lot easier to pick up a game for five or ten minutes at a time. You jump right back in to the moment you left off, get a few minutes in, and then tap the power button and set it down when it's time to [do the laundry/write an e-mail/coax your grandson out of the tree] again.

Good luck.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.