Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
JSAUX Backplate mod - R4 + R5 triggers blocked
hihu Apr 3, 2023
Hello everybody,

I ordered an JSAUX transparent case, as it's nice looking and makes the steam deck more individual. Also one reason for buying was that the official backplate is not in stock at iFixit and I thought by replacing the backplate I get rid of the problem I described here.

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/5519/page=1/#r37432

Unfortunately, the opposite happened.

Now I cannot even move the R4 and R5 bottom at the bottom of the case anymore. The cracking noise is gone, but I have a new issue. Something about my case doesn't seem to fit.

So I contacted the Steam Support again and I have to say that I have the feeling that the support is very unfriendly and unsupportive. They always keep asking the same questions and force me to proof the issue by making videos and pictures, software updates (even if it's a hardware problem) and at the end they said the will repair for a price of approx. 125 Dollars.

Maybe because of a US company trying to escape the consumer protection law but I never ever had this kind of harassment by creating an RMA for an electronic device. Normally, the company must prove that there is nothing wrong with the device.

Long story short: Is it useful to send the device to the repair center? With our without the replacement part (May get lost). Or with the original part (then they will say everything is ok like they did all the time before.

Anyone having experience with this repair process? I would be very thankful about opinions regarding this process.

Thank you very much
hihu
damarrin Apr 3, 2023
So... you installed a 3rd party backplate and you're complaining to Valve that it doesn't fit?
Klaas Apr 3, 2023
Quoting: hihuSo I contacted the Steam Support again and I have to say that I have the feeling that the support is very unfriendly and unsupportive.
It seems to vary a lot. There are reports of free replacement Steam Decks after someone did something really stupid that ended up breaking the main board. So it seems that there is quite a lot of luck involved in getting a generous support handler assigned.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.