Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
New free pong game for Linux : looking for players
RealPongDev Apr 26, 2023
I have a new free Pong game. Currently on desktop Windows and Linux Ubuntu & family. Here is the link to get it from the Snap Store:

https://snapcraft.io/realpong

In this version of the game, you play using a mouse (not keyboard) and move all over your half of the field. In addition to playing against computer, there's a networking mode to play against another person.

Your feedback is appreciated.
mr-victory Apr 27, 2023
Could you upload the game to somewhere other than Snap Store? Snap Store is preinstalled in only Ubuntu flavors while other formats like flatpak or appimage could help you reach out to more players.
RealPongDev Apr 27, 2023
Thank you for the suggestion. Indeed I should add more formats. The reason I made it as snap first is Ubuntu is the most popular Linux distro at this point, and it comes with Snap Store pre-installed. There's a learning curve for using each of those formats, so don't expect it tomorrow but I will be done.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.