You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Add other GPUs in the Hardware section
GodofGrunts May 17, 2023
I know it's not super common, but I have both an AMD RX 6800 XT and an Intel A380 (for encoding). If it's not to much of a hassle, it would be neat to be able to add both.
tuubi May 17, 2023
Quoting: GodofGruntsI know it's not super common, but I have both an AMD RX 6800 XT and an Intel A380 (for encoding). If it's not to much of a hassle, it would be neat to be able to add both.
The point of GOL's monthly survey is to collect statistics on the hardware (and software) we Linux gamers run our games on. A secondary GPU used for encoding videos might not be relevant in that context, as it's not really something that let's say a game developer would need to target or worry about. But it's up to Liam, obviously.
Liam Dawe May 17, 2023
Yeah it doesn't really seem worth it to list dual-GPU systems. You enter the GPU you game with.
Shmerl May 18, 2023
What might be good to add is the power supply (PSU). Or at least its wattage. It's an interesting metric.

Last edited by Shmerl on 18 May 2023 at 2:57 am UTC
furaxhornyx May 18, 2023
Quoting: ShmerlWhat might be good to add is the power supply (PSU). Or at least its wattage. It's an interesting metric.

Comsumption would be nice indeed, but I believe this is different from the vendor wattage ? (and harder to measure, as well)
Shmerl May 18, 2023
It's dynamic, so you can't really provide consumption as a single value. But total wattage is the cap.
Pengling May 19, 2023
What would us portable devotees put, in that case, though?
Shmerl May 19, 2023
I'm pretty sure all portable computers have power rating as well.
Pengling May 19, 2023
Quoting: ShmerlI'm pretty sure all portable computers have power rating as well.
True, though I must admit it's a metric I've never thought about until right now.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.