Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Laptop recomendation
redman Aug 29, 2023
Hi!
I have the opportunity to go to Florida, USA this November and I'll be shopping for a new laptop. Currently I don't have one, only the one that my work gave me, because my old laptop the processor fried away.

I'm from Uruguay, a small country in South America, and the last ten years I will say all the computers that are coming here are last year refurbished/renew or the really expensive ones, and at least cost double that on the US.

So one of my quest in this trip is to buy a new laptop computer with a budget of around 500U$S but after reading a lot of information I have a lot of questions about AMD vs Intel for Linux, are the new Intel xe graphics good enough, and well supported ? Or will be better an AMD Ryzen ?

It's been a while since I bought a laptop or computer, I do coding for work but all the heavy task I do it on a server and the heaviest thing I run is PHPStorm and Chromium with Figma (The new photoshop). Sometimes I compile c++ stuff but is always for hobby so it don't have to be lighting fast. And for games, I tend to play old games and emulation of old systems, so I don't need a really powerful machine.

Any advice or suggestions are welcome!

Regards
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.