Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
game crash when friends join my game
archsmx Oct 31, 2023
hi all
since the last steam update (from early a week i think) i have problems with 7 days to die basically. i play at this game with ge proton or proton and it's the same problems. before the steam update all was great.
since the update, i can play solo without problem but if i host a game, when a friend join, my game crash totally and automatically close after some seconds.
i have already try to do a new clean install of linux, a new install of steam and a new install of 7 days to die, and the problems are the same.
on the same pc with windows all works fine.
can someone help me please?
thanks a lot!
Ehvis Oct 31, 2023
What about the native version?
archsmx Nov 1, 2023
hi
thanks for the reply
sorry for my bad english i am french
on my clean linux install that say me impossible to connect at steam (i think i miss some dependencies)
on my old install i don't try
but i think is not the problem because it was working great before the update of steam (and linux runtime 3.0 sniper) last week and i dont change the proton version or do anything
archsmx Nov 2, 2023
i've try the native version on my old install and same problem 7 days says me unable to connect to steam

and i see on the web this day some people have the same issue than me. since the steam/linux sniper runtime 3.0 have been updated, the problem appear
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.