Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Cateia Games making all their games Linux native
dubigrasu Nov 2, 2023
I don't pay much attention these days, but usually I hear mostly about developers/publishers dropping the Linux builds of their games, so I was surprised to see this one (Cateia Games) doing the opposite, adding Linux support. Not Proton supported or such but native, adding also some nice words in their announcements:

QuoteAs far as our games are concerned, Linux is no longer a "second-class citizen", we're rolling out Linux support for ALL games in our catalogue and we will continue to support our games on all 3 major Steam platforms with updates from now on.

Everything works nicely, we tested the game on many Linux distributions as well as Steam Deck.
We built the game for Linux according to Steam developer guidelines so we don't expect much problems, but if you do encounter issues, please write in the Discussion forum and we'll investigate.
There's also a Linux readme coming with the games with some details about the builds and where to ask for support, so the intent seems real.
Now mind you, they are not a big publisher, not all the games are Linux ready yet, and the games themselves are not AAA stuff (some rather old), but still nice to see that for a change.

I'll post the link from one of their (many) announcements:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/288750/view/3781394975947063612?l=english
WorMzy Nov 2, 2023
Thanks for the heads up, this is great to see. I picked up a couple of their Linux-supporting titles.
Pengling Nov 2, 2023
I just recently got into hidden-object games thanks to a game by another developer in a Fanatical key-bundle, so I'll be keeping an eye on this - this is really cool news.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.