EA WRC Rally tournament
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
Xpander Jan 24
Thanks for organizing this. I haven't played for a while due some health stuff happening, but hopefully i can jump back in soon :)
whizse Jan 28
Quoting: XpanderI haven't played for a while due some health stuff happening, but hopefully i can jump back in soon :)
Hope you're doing better!

CER was fun! I had time to practice Osíčko, but still managed to spin on that stage... Was saved by the fact that the next one, Provodovice actually finishes with that same road segment. Lost a lot of time during the rain (way too careful!) but made it up by pushing on (the now familiar) Brusné.

...and we gained another new member!

...is something we can say if we gain four more!
Koopacabras Jan 29
This event was tough.. I was not acostumed to slippery wet surfaces... hehe anyways it was a good idea adding snowy and wet stages imho more fun :P
too bad I was dnfed on the third stage because my game crashed :(
My bluetooth controller sometimes loses the signal, when I tried reconnecting it while the game was running, the game crashed. Because of that I came last on this event lmao

Last edited by Koopacabras on 29 January 2024 at 3:44 am UTC
Xpander Jan 29
Quoting: whizseHope you're doing better!

It's better now,thanks.

CER Retired!
I retired on the long wet stage. crashed hard into the trees with terminal dmg (148km/h) :)
Previous stages were pretty fun and went really good.

Quoting: Koopacabrastoo bad I was dnfed on the third stage because my game crashed :(
My bluetooth controller sometimes loses the signal, when I tried reconnecting it while the game was running, the game crashed. Because of that I came last on this event lmao
Haven't had a single crash yet during my 86 hours with this game.. thats kinda bad if it crashes like that.
I have lost my Wheel couple of times also due to usb connection, but the game pauses itself then and when wheel reconnects i can just continue.

Last edited by Xpander on 29 January 2024 at 9:09 am UTC
Xpander Jan 31
Sweden Done! Stages had very nice flow in it. Though the WRC2 cars are a bit slow, but still pretty fun to drive.

SS1: Spin
SS2: Spin
SS3: Didn't see crap with the fog so i took it quite carefully by just going by co-driver notes
SS4: Clean
Xpander Feb 11
Greece Done.

SS1: Multiple crashes and penalties
SS2: Clean
SS3: Clean
SS4: Clean
whizse Feb 12
SS1 I'm pretty proud of. A pretty relaxed run within a second of the times I set in practice. SS2-4 was about what I expected - far off the pace.

I did pick up some championship points just by completing all the stages!
Xpander Feb 12
Sweden Done!

Video of the first stage if anyone cares :D
https://youtu.be/CmL0hDFzMw4

SS1: Clean
SS2: visibility was very bad. Few snowbank trips
SS3: Went straight on the double square corners, had to reverse
SS4: Lucky spin on the straight

Quoting: whizseSS1 I'm pretty proud of. A pretty relaxed run within a second of the times I set in practice. SS2-4 was about what I expected - far off the pace.

I did pick up some championship points just by completing all the stages!

Ohh you are doing practice? :D i just do few shakedown runs and then go.

Last edited by Xpander on 12 February 2024 at 2:40 pm UTC
whizse Feb 12
Quoting: XpanderOhh you are doing practice? :D i just do few shakedown runs and then go.
Oh, nothing too strenuous. 100-200 runs of each stage, just to make sure I'm a minute or two within your times!
whizse Feb 19
My excuses for Scandia:

SS1 - Fifth gear spin and roll. Amazingly got away with just radiator and exhaust damage.
SS2 - I would blame the low visibility and lack of distance to the corner in the simplified pacenotes I'm using but even the fair weather practice run I did couldn't match the pace of Xpander in the snowstorm.
SS3 - Damage from SS1 was so severe I lost my custom livery here*. It was the kind with flame stickers and checkered racing stripes so I was down about 300 hp in power.
SS4 - A reverse run of SS1. Should not be driven in reverse gear apparently...

* actual game bug!

Off to Chile!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.