Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
How big is your Steam library?
Page: «3/4»
  Go to:
Account created 12 (really close to 13) years ago. I held out on using Steam until Skyrim required it. Partly because my internet was still crappy at the time. Barely better than dial-up.

Also, a stance against all DRM at the time. I had no idea offline mode existed before I made my account.
Funny how Steam's now considered one of the least intrusive DRMs. A populated steam_appid.txt file can essentially make a lot of games DRM-free.

My stance has since refined down to being anti "always online" DRM.

Without further ado, les statistiques:

Hours on record (paid and free): 6,970h (That's 290 days and 10 hours; or roughly 1/16th of the past 13 years.)
Average playtime: 14.0h
Value: None'a yer beeswax, ya nosey Rosie!

I hate that ck2's base game is now free-to-play, so the 705 hours I spent in it get lumped into the 1,200 hours of free game time, which skews the stats.

Last edited by redneckdrow on 6 January 2024 at 1:25 am UTC
From SteamDB:

• Games owned: 1059

• Games played: 252 (23%)

• Hours on record: 2,879.4h

I honestly didn't think there was someone out there with a worse bought-to-played ratio than me. Most of these games are from humblebundle, before I stopped buying from them (mostly). I bought one game from steam last year, in January 2023, the Utawarerumono series. I have yet to install it. In 2022, I bought Deep Rock Galactic (which I played a fair bit of) and NFS Heat (which I played little of).

I thought I would buy WITCH ON THE HOLY NIGHT this year (Steam-exclusive), but eh, too much money.
dvd Jan 6
About 150. I think I've played a bit of about 75% of them. Most time went on 10-ish or so games. Nowadays my new buys are on GoG.

Well some year-end review thingy popped up, according to that, i played in January-February, with 40% time spent playing through GTA 5 and 60% suffering in CS2. (or is that cs go?)

Last edited by dvd on 7 January 2024 at 9:30 am UTC
seamoose Jan 7
I've been on Steam since mid-2010 when Valve gave away Portal for free (I guess it worked...)

According to SteamDB I have 4,903 games spread accross three accounts with a total account value of $9,710 or almost $50K in "today's prices", though I didn't pay anywhere near that much (at least, I hope I didn't...)

Last edited by seamoose on 7 January 2024 at 6:34 pm UTC
Elvanex Jan 7
Kinda surprised how low my account value is. I would have thought it would be at least $5-8k.

Sethander Wald
Level 21
US
12.5 years

Account value
$2357
lowest prices
207 out of 8,454 games played
2%

Average price
$13.34
Average price per hour
$0.23
Hours on record
9,933h
Average playtime
48.0h
Today's prices
$9380
Anza Jan 8
Plenty of games are from bundles, so true amount is quite hard to know. Though things tend to add up during 13 years of having Steam account.

Account value
2618€
lowest prices
639 out of 766 games played
83%

Average price 
15,37€
Average price per hour 
0,24€
Hours on record
10,647h
Average playtime
16.7h
Today's prices 
10486€
Just a small heads up, I am not really sure if steamdb adjust at inflation at all.. how do I know? well my account value was 500 ish dollars when my store was in my native currency, recently steam store for argentinians was dollarized, and now my account value is 3690 usd. Personally I am suspicious about the account value that steamdb display.. I think they DONT adjust on inflation at all. What do I mean adjust by inflation? you simply cannot account the value of a game from 10-5 years ago and bring it to today, just like that, without adjusting that's not how economy works.
I believe if steamdb isnt taking into consideration and adjusting the prices before the transition to dollars of the store to its real value, imho probably its not adjusting by inflation at all.
Arehandoro Jan 12
I tend to remove games that I have not liked, or that I got via some bundle thinking I was going to play but then didn't, or for some other reason (mainly to reduce anxiety from having so many unplayed/unfinished games), so my library isn't as big as it could be:

Value: £753
Games owned: 228
Games played: 159(69%)
Hours on record: 1862.0h
Dihy Jan 12
Average price
$12.77
Average price per hour
$0.20
Hours on record
24,127h
Average playtime
18.1h
Today's prices
$19641

20 year account!
Using Steam 9 years
Account value £5611
416 out of 1,702 games played
Average price £12.79
Average price per hour £0.67
Hours on record 8,678h
Average playtime 20.9h
Today's prices £19468

Lots of bundles, and not so much free time anymore. Though I also don't buy nearly as many anymore, even though my disposable income is higher. I try and be more realistic nowadays with whether I'll ever actually get round to playing a game before I buy it, though I still have my humble monthly subscription.
I won't lie, I'm a little ashamed.

Before Steam though, I'd say I spent thousands of hours across Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Urban Terror, and Minecraft. I have also never owned Windows on a personal computer, all of my gaming in my entire life has been on Linux. Well, and I have had every generation of playstation (usually 5 years late), so there was a lot of burnout played not on linux.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.