Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Launchers on Linux
amatai Nov 28, 2023
I have looked for but not found a list of all native launcher for Linux. By shear curiosity I'm making a post here to see how many we can find. (I find this, with most of them)

• Steam : Steam games Steam

• Lutris : Steam, GOG, Epic Games Store, Origin, Ubisoft Connect and native games Lutris

• Heroic : GOG, Epic Games Store et Amazon Prime games Heroic

• Itch.io : Itch.io games Itch.io

Thoose are the famous one, but there is some other far well-known
  • Gnome Games : Mostly emulation Gnome

• Cartridges : Steam, Lutris (?), Heroic (?), Itch, Legendary, RetroArch, Flatpak, Destop games Cartridges

• Minigalaxy : GOG games Minigalaxy

• Pegasus : Steam, GOG, Lutris and emulation Pegasus

• Rare : Epic Games Store games Rare

• Alfae : Steam, GOG, Epic and itch Alfae

Emulation only

Did you know any others ?

Last edited by amatai on 3 January 2024 at 3:03 pm UTC
Mezron Nov 28, 2023
Are we counting emulators in this because this list is about go nova!!!
amatai Nov 28, 2023
I put the limit at GUI that enable to launch multiple emulator. Individual emulator that come with a GUI and launcher limited to one game did not makes it to the list (neither Minetest, albeit apparently a launcher for multiple games ) elsse I would be still making it .
I did not put CLI launchers too. But that's arbitrary decision, if someone has a complementary list and wants me to include it I would.
Mezron Nov 28, 2023
What about stuff like Mednafen? Emulation Station? RetroArch?
amatai Jan 3
I just found a new one which launch a lot of thing link A launcher for almost everything (its name, I have not tested it yet)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.