Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
JSAUX HB0604 NVME Dock Issues
Mondungu Dec 9, 2023
I recently purchased a JSAUX HB0605 Dock with an M.2 NVME enclosure built-in and have had nothing but issues with the NVME functionality. The first dock I received was not strait and I when troubleshooting it looked that the drive my not be making proper contact causing intermittent issues. JSAUX did respond quickly and sent a replacement for the dock after they received the defective unit and I just received it today. I have since verified that the M.2 slot is strait and the drive slots in perfectly. Shortly after setting up the new dock my deck attempted to update the games installed on the NVME drive and it failed again. I have followed all of JSAUX troubleshooting steps and have found that the drive still fails intermittently when playing games, installing/updating games, and copying files. I have tested the drive in alternative enclosures and have no issues with functionality. I am now looking for an alternative dock that doesn't have the same issues to replace the JSAUX HB0605 and would love suggestions and experiences from the community.
Liam Dawe Dec 9, 2023
Shame to hear that, not had the same issues with mine, but all tech is a lottery really.

As for an alternative, I didn't think there was any but looking around there actually are some others with an M.2 slot:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Steam-Docking-Station-Ethernet-Charge/dp/B0BRKR1DBD

https://www.amazon.co.uk/YYDSTDK-Docking-Station-Ethernet-Accessories/dp/B0BN5C6CXT?th=1

Not tried any myself, but it's worth noting pretty much all the docks will use similar internals as all these companies use the same stuff but tweak a case around it.
Mondungu Dec 13, 2023
Thanks for the quick reply and pointing out a couple of alternative solutions. I understand that many of these devices will have similar/identical components under the hood and that changes can be made at anytime due to chip set availability or pricing. I was hoping that someone my have seen similar issues with this dock and known if there has been changes to the chip set that could cause this issue from its original release to when I got mine recently. I love my Steam Deck and it has become my daily driver for more than a year now but really wanted to expand its functionality further with the additional storage for desktop usage, I will definitely take a look at the alternatives and see what I can do after a finish with JSAUX support.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.