We all need to pitch in a little to support this site more.
I love this site, but the addition of the newest ads are very off putting. What would we, as a community need to provide in combined monthly funding, to remove those large ads in between the articles list? Again, I really love this site and I'd hate to see it go down the path of being covered in ads.
damarrin Jan 14
Become a supporter for 4 dollars a month?
TimeFreeze Jan 14
You could always just use an Adblocker you know.
Liam Dawe Jan 14
Quoting: TactikalKittyI love this site, but the addition of the newest ads are very off putting. What would we, as a community need to provide in combined monthly funding, to remove those large ads in between the articles list? Again, I really love this site and I'd hate to see it go down the path of being covered in ads.
They weren't supposed to be so big: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/5957/post_id=41156

Quoting: damarrinBecome a supporter for 4 dollars a month?
Bingo!

Quoting: TimeFreezeYou could always just use an Adblocker you know.
That too, which I am fine with if you need to and also cannot afford to support GOL in any way.
whizse Jan 14
Affiliate links. Clear out those wishlists!
CatKiller Jan 14
I drink from one of my GOL mugs most days.
m2mg2 Jan 14
So if 100 of us Patreon 5 a month that would be enough from one of Liam's comments. I would be willing to do that, but would the ads actually get taken out for everyone? I would do this to keep the site ad free, but not just for me while I'm logged in. I don't want to log in on every device I use to visit and I don't want the site to start changing to maximize ad revenue as opposed to actually making the site better for the public.
Quoting: m2mg2So if 100 of us Patreon 5 a month that would be enough from one of Liam's comments. I would be willing to do that, but would the ads actually get taken out for everyone? I would do this to keep the site ad free, but not just for me while I'm logged in. I don't want to log in on every device I use to visit and I don't want the site to start changing to maximize ad revenue as opposed to actually making the site better for the public.
As I always browse in Incognito Mode on my phone (you can't turn off history in Vanadium), I'm always logged out, which means even if I did donate, I wouldn't be getting the benefits of it, so I don't have much of a motivation to donate beyond liking the content (and putting up with ads anyway). Eliminating ads for everyone would be more of a motivating factor for me.

Or I guess I could just stop browsing on my phone. I use it too much anyway...
Koopacabras Jan 16
Ohh damn I wish I could support but with the current economic crisis in argentina (160% inflation) its very tough for me to do so, and I am subscribed to other things that I prioritized for the moment, like food banks, charities, etc. If things improve, I will try to subscribe again. Best of lucks, Liam.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 16 January 2024 at 2:10 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.