Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Guest VR stream on GOL Twitch!
Ehvis Jan 16
As I still hear that the general idea is that VR on Linux isn't stable enough for general use. While this might be true for some games, there is a lot of fun to be had. To demonstrate that I'll be guest streaming some VR rhythm games on the GamingOnLinux Twitch channel! So if you want to see a genre of games that works very well on Linux, I invite to come in a chill with some music.

The games I've set up are Groove Gunner, Audica and Synth Riders as these are my go to games for a VR work out. And for the 3rd game I'll have the viewer request queue open. But for the others I will still consider suggestions as well.

For those worried about motion sickness, no need! I've set up a static 3rd person camera for all games, so the classic jerky motion of normal VR footage will not be a thing.

If you want to join, I'll be live on https://twitch.tv/gamingonlinux at around 20:00 CET (19:00 UTC). See you there!

Last edited by Ehvis on 16 January 2024 at 10:17 am UTC
Nice, watched the recording and saw one of the devs (Taylor) of groove gunner showed up.
Ehvis Jan 18
Yeah, Taylor often shows up on live streams to see how you're getting on. An indie dev with passion for the game he made. I hope checking the vod wasn't too annoying. The audio of music related streams ends up Swiss cheese on Twitch.
buono Jan 18
Great to watch, will watch live next time if it's not an monday to tuesday night :)

Thanks Ehvis!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.