Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Statistics only show 2 years in trends
ShabbyX Feb 2
The statistics site (https://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php?module=statistics&view=trends) shows only 2 years worth of history. Why is that? I suspect it has something to do with EU's data retention policy (which also had a 2 year limit?)

That policy was about personal data though, I think you we could have kept the aggregate. It's "history" after all. A lot of us came here around 2013 (when every survey was separately announced) and remember how things were different, it's a pity we can't see the trend over a much longer time, at least from the time the survey data became "sticky" and survey questions stabilized.

Is that data lost forever? Can we get the older graphs from some backup and reimport the graph data for GOL to show the trend over a longer period?
Liam Dawe Feb 3
Thanks for the feedback.

It was originally set to two years, but later changed to five, I just didn't actually update the display for it. Which I have now done, so it goes back as far as we have it now. Data from before the change would be gone though, because I don't keep backups of removed data of course for various reasons.

It does make the page a little slow though, as it's grabbing a lot of data. So I'm gonna need to look into adding it into a cache. And perhaps add a smaller default, and add date boxes like the non-trend page but just for now until I have time I have extended it.
ShabbyX Feb 3
Ah, I see the graphs start from 2016 now! That's fantastic, thanks!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.