mark all as read - no confirmation
Jarmer Feb 17
Hi there Liam, just a small suggestion:

Remove the confirmation page when pressing the mark all as read for notifications. I use this button all the time, and I just think that's an unnecessary extra page / button click / etc...

something so tiny! But just something I was thinking of the other day.
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
Liam Dawe Feb 18
Hmm. I'm will to look at it, but then what if you hit by accident? There's currently no way to mark a post unread again. Is it a big problem though on that?
Pengling Feb 18
Quoting: Liam Dawebut then what if you hit by accident?
The standard for mark-all-as-read on other forum platforms is usually to just proceed. I don't personally think it's a huge deal, because you've always got the fallback of being able to hop onto your own profile to see your own recent posts/comments - you know what threads you've been participating in, if you do accidentally miss a notification.
Liam Dawe Feb 18
I spose it would be pretty simple for me to add a way to mark something unread again too. Alritey. Will look at it tonight.
Quoting: Liam DaweI suppose it would be pretty simple for me to add a way to mark something unread again too. Alrighty. Will look at it tonight.
As an alternative to retain functionality could be to add a simple profile setting. Something like "Show confirmation on marking all notifications as read?" or such. This way, everyone could be happy and there's no risk of making people go bat-word crazy over it.

(Though personally, I'm not worried either way)

Last edited by BlackBloodRum on 18 February 2024 at 1:47 pm UTC
Pengling Feb 18
Quoting: BlackBloodRumAs an alternative to retain functionality could be to add a simple profile setting. Something like "Show confirmation on marking all notifications as read?" or such. This way, everyone could be happy and there's no risk of making people go bat-word crazy over it.
That's actually really elegant and clever.

Last edited by Pengling on 18 February 2024 at 2:50 pm UTC
Liam Dawe Feb 19
I think because marking as read is a non-destructive action, unlike remove all read, I will remove the confirmation and add a way to remark them unread by tapping the envelope for people who want to remark and check later.
Liam Dawe Feb 19
The confirmation was removed. Will make a note for future on adding a way to remark individual notifications as unread.
Jarmer Feb 19
whoa this is so awesome! You are the best ever, this makes me so happy lol. I know such a small thing, but I can't tell you how many times I've hit the "mark all as read" and gone off to do other things, forgetting to hit the yes confirmation. Then coming back to the site later and thinking "hmmm lots of notifications wow"

Now it is so much better! Again thank you so much, I and many others I bet, appreciate your attention so much
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.