Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Faffing about games
razing32 Feb 21
Anyone can recommend me some games to faff about ?
I loved Graveyard Keeper , so something like that.
Stardew Valley i know about but am waiting for 1.6
I also loved spending hours in the Barotrauma submarine editor - most of what i made was crap but i had fun making it.
So anything come to your mind ? Just some easy game with lots of stuff to mess around with and chill with no stress or rush.
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
razing32 Feb 22
Quoting: WorMzyMoonstone Island?

Saelig?

Roots of Pacha?

Are they chill ?
Or are they more challenging ?
WorMzy Feb 22
They're games that you can set the pace in. Roots of Pacha is probably the closest to Stardew. Moonstone Island has a battle system that might be overwhelming (particularly if you accidentally visit an island with monsters that outrank your own considerably, but there's no real consequences for losing a battle). Saelig is difficult to explain, you can play as a begger or the most powerful person in town (and everything in between) and the experience you have will depend on what you want to do.
g000h Feb 22
I would have thought Core Keeper addresses this request. Maybe Necesse. Mindustry (free on itch.io).
razing32 Feb 22
Quoting: WorMzyThey're games that you can set the pace in. Roots of Pacha is probably the closest to Stardew. Moonstone Island has a battle system that might be overwhelming (particularly if you accidentally visit an island with monsters that outrank your own considerably, but there's no real consequences for losing a battle). Saelig is difficult to explain, you can play as a begger or the most powerful person in town (and everything in between) and the experience you have will depend on what you want to do.

I think i actually have Saeling.
Roots of Pacha sounds good and even has a small discount now.
Not really a fan of the creature battlers so Moonstone Island may not be for me.
razing32 Feb 22
Quoting: g000hI would have thought Core Keeper addresses this request. Maybe Necesse. Mindustry (free on itch.io).

Core Keeper is great ... in the beginning.
After that , well , let's just say fighting the bosses is like trying to punch a skyscraper to death.

I have Necesse , I played it and enjoyed it. BUT . I made the fatal mistake of allowing raids.
First one was a bunch of naked hobos. Second one was a bunch of ruffians wearing cloth and bronze.
Third one was a horde wearing Void , Ivy and even Tungsten. I lost some of my most rare NPCs ( including the pawnbroker ) and since then every time i think of Necesse my blood pressure spikes by a few points.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.