[Request] Differentiate openSUSE distributions for PC Info
Hello there, this is a humble request to make a difference between:

- openSUSE Leap
- openSUSE Tumbleweed
- openSUSE Aeon
- openSUSE Kalpa

Leap: Is a point release similar to Debian and Ubuntu

Tumbleweed: Is a rolling release similar to Arch Linux

Aeon: Is an immutable rolling release based off Tumbleweed with Gnome as it's Desktop (Similar to Fedora Silverblue)

Kalpa: Is the same as Aeon but with KDE Plasma as it's Desktop.

You could also combine Aeon and Kalpa as openSUSE MicroOS Desktop as both are very similar except for the desktop they ship with.

All 4 are different distributions from the openSUSE project (openSUSE based so to speak).
Maybe it's not worth the effort as according to the current stats only 108 ppl using openSUSE at all. I wouldn't be mad if this request would be denied. But maybe one or two do hide under "others" 😅

Kind regards,
V.
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
Liam Dawe Feb 23
Probably not, otherwise I would have to do the same for every distribution out there as lots of them now do stuff like it (hi Fedora). Maybe in future if many more people ask for it but not worth it atm.
Quoting: Liam DaweProbably not, otherwise I would have to do the same for every distribution out there as lots of them now do stuff like it (hi Fedora). Maybe in future if many more people ask for it but not worth it atm.

Yes that's true and probably would be a never ending Story. I just found out the openSUSE guys are even cooking up a new MicroOS Desktop spin based of XFCE just yesterday day 😅

Looking up Fedoras Atomic Desktop line, ther are like 3 or 4 as well and more are probably coming.

Thanks for answering and I wish you a nice weekend.

V.

Last edited by Vortex_Acherontic on 24 February 2024 at 7:12 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.