Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Text Editors
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
razing32 Feb 23
Hope i'm not spamming the forum too much with questions.
I recently encountered an error in NotepadQQ
"Failed to create data pipe due to MOJO_RESULT_RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED"
I looked it up and it's as old as 2018.
Seems nobody is maintaining that thing.
So , i have to think about switching to a text editor with tabs that is more maintained.
What do you use / prefer ? ( commercial options are ok also )
Shmerl Feb 23
neovim with plugins.
Neovim...without plugins.
Shmerl Feb 23
I don't have a lot, mostly just quality of life improvements for neovim like a good true color scheme, DAP debugging integration and some minor tweaks.

Last edited by Shmerl on 23 February 2024 at 7:05 am UTC
emphy Feb 23
Even though I cannot get along with the desktop environment, I am a big fan of kde's software.

In this specific case that would be: kate.

(actually, I prefer kwrite, but kwrite doesn't support tabs)

Last edited by emphy on 23 February 2024 at 7:26 am UTC
WorMzy Feb 23
Regular vim, although I don't use the tab feature -- {v,}split is usually sufficient if I need to open multiple files at once.
LoudTechie Feb 23
Text Editor(gnome)
Yeah my classmates criticize me for the lack off fancy features too, but I don't wanna learn all the fancy features.
Quoting: ShmerlI don't have a lot, mostly just quality of life improvements for neovim like a good true color scheme, DAP debugging integration and some minor tweaks.
Admittedly, I actually have a single plugin: lf.vim.

I can use netrw fine, but it's a little inefficient, so I replaced it with lf directly.

I use good old desert colorscheme.

I use Neovim for front-end web dev (and writing, and general notes, and ...), so I get real-time debugging anyway. Depending on how far I get into learning C, I might be adding a debugger. I wanted to make my setup as standard as possible so I wasn't relying on third-party features if I, for some reason, needed to use vanilla Vim.

So, netrw is fine! But give me lf, please.
Shmerl Feb 23
Oh, I forgot to mention fzf.lua. It's very useful and I use it regularly: https://github.com/ibhagwan/fzf-lua

I don't plan to use regular vim, so I don't mind Lua plugins. Neovim has a lot of powerful ones.

Last edited by Shmerl on 23 February 2024 at 5:31 pm UTC
Jarmer Feb 23
I actually think the default kde install works perfectly well for me in this case. I use it all the time for work stuff. Kate.
redman Feb 23
My go to text editor is geany. Is fast and really stable.

For quick stuff usually the fastest is vim.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.