Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Nintendo-style gaming, without Nintendo!
Page: «2/5»
  Go to:
Quoting: Linux_Rocks
Friends are there...... To help you get started to give you a push on your way.......

Last edited by StoneColdSpider on 4 March 2024 at 4:58 am UTC

A lot of npckc's games fit that collection of genres, but I really like A HERO AND A GARDEN. It's an idle game, which I don't usually care for, but the storytelling, music and characters are fantastic.

All of npckc's games are available on Windows, macOS, and Linux natively. This one is also available on Android.

You can get it here:

Quoting: StoneColdSpider
Friends are there...... To help you get started to give you a push on your way.......
I'm more partial to this one.
Yeah but thats not the original....... So its not what I think of first when I think of the Garfield and Friends theme song.........
Smoke39 Mar 4
Poi (Native)
Mario 64-style 3D platformer. Not as polished as something like the aforementioned New Super Lucky's Tale, but I quite liked this one.

Axiom Verge (Native)
If you like Super Metroid, you will like this. Haven't played the sequel yet, but it sounds like it's quite a departure.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Proton)
Fantastic kart racer.

Blossom Tales (Proton)
Nice 2D Zelda-style game. There's also a sequel I haven't played yet.
whizse Mar 4

TailQuest Defense (Native)

Single (or co-op) tower defense game. On of my highlights from last year. Cutesy animals and over-saturated graphics. Wonderful level design with lots of secrets to discover! I can't say I'm a Nintendo person* but it kinda feels like it would be a good fit in the GC/Wii era.

Native title. Uses Godot. Made by a small two person team (husband and wife?). Partly developed on Linux I think?

* My Nintendo credentials in full:
1. I own half a Wii.
2. A girl once threw her GameBoy at me.
Talon1024 Mar 5
Cassette Beasts (Native)
Temtem (Proton, Steam Deck Verified)
If you like collecting powerful creatures and using them to fight, these titles may be for you.

SuperTux (Native, FOSS)
A Free, Open Source 2D jump-and-run game like the original Super Mario Bros.

SuperTuxKart (Native, FOSS)
A Free, Open Source Mario Kart-style game, featuring many FOSS project mascots.

Doom: The Golden Souls (Native, GZDoom)
Doom: The Golden Souls 2 (Native, GZDoom)
Doom: The Golden Souls 3 (Native, GZDoom)
A series of Doom mods inspired by Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy, full of hardcore FPS platforming.

Last edited by Talon1024 on 5 March 2024 at 12:01 am UTC
Quoting: whizse2. A girl once threw her GameBoy at me.
OG Game Boy or Game Boy Pocket????.....
OG Game Boy would have hurt a lot..... They are like a brick.......
emphy Mar 5
Does anyone know a good litigation-sim?
Quoting: Talon1024SuperTux (Native, FOSS)
A Free, Open Source 2D jump-and-run game like the original Super Mario Bros.
SuperTux is also on Steam for Linux/Mac/Windows.

Pingus is a good Lemmings clone.

Extreme Tux Racer is a really good racing game.

I'll forever have the music from Tux Racer burned into my brain. I remember playing the original on
Mandrake 8.2 Pro with the keyboard arrow keys. That distro came with Tux Racer, SuperTux, and Pingus. 🐧
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.