Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Picked up Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime from The IndieBox - what a great boxed release! :D
Pengling Mar 23
I recently ordered the boxed edition of Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime from The IndieBox. It arrived today and I just got the time to unbox it. I've bought merchandise from The IndieBox before (which is excellent), but never a boxed game, and I was really impressed by the whole thing.

So impressed, in fact, that I haven't actually gotten to playing the game yet - I've just gone straight to posting about it here because it's given me such a big smile to unbox something like this, which is simultaneously new and nostalgic. The experience reminded me very much of the tangible bonuses that some UK electricals stores would bundle with Windows 95/98 big-box games in the late 1990s.

My apologies for the utterly potato-quality photos here - I recently had to replace my phone on very short notice and the camera on the new one is awful, and I haven't had the chance to get a proper camera to rectify that yet. It's all really high-quality stuff and it's annoying that my pictures can't do it justice right now!

This is what's in the box;

• Figurine of Dr. Hopsy Flopsy (articulated at the head and arms, so you can pose him a little bit)

• Game in Steam-key form for Linux, MacOS, and Windows (printed on a sticker on the shrink-wrap, so collectors can avoid opening the box if they want to! Up to 4 players)

• Game on a USB flash-drive shaped like the Drillfoot enemy (Windows version, DRM-free, up to 2 players only)

• Gumball ship schematics poster

• IndieBox Newsletter

• Instruction manual

• Lovers HQ friendship necklaces x2

• Soundtrack CD

• Stickers, big, x2

Anyway, yeah, I just had to share this because it was just such a joyful experience opening up a new game that comes with other cool goodies included. Can't wait to get stuck into it, which is what I'm off to do now!
Quoting: PenglingFigurine of Dr. Hopsy Flopsy (articulated at the head and arms, so you can pose him a little bit)
What???....... No plushie???........ You bought a non plushie item???....... You really are sick.........
Pengling Mar 23
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWhat???....... No plushie???........ You bought a non plushie item???....... You really are sick.........
I'm not a one-trick collector! Shame they didn't do a plush, though!
Liam Dawe Mar 23
Ah loved playing that with the small human when they were a bit younger, good fun.
Pengling Mar 23
Quoting: Liam DaweAh loved playing that with the small human when they were a bit younger, good fun.
I concur! I've had the chance to play a bit now, and I can see that I'm going to have a whale of a time with this, both by myself and with anyone else I can drag into it, haha!
Mezron Mar 25
I love all of my IndieBox games I got. I'm about to order the Force Showdown pins for my gaming book bag. That game is awesome!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.