Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Weekend Players' Club 4/12/2024
G'Day fellow tuxers……. Its Bruce your host here once again…….

[+..••] As for gaming this week in Emulationville I played [+..••]

Console

Bomberman Hardball (2005 Ubisoft) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball, Golf & Tennis)
International Superstar Soccer 2000 (2000 Konami) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Soccer)
Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Football)
MLB 10: The Show (2010 Sony) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)
MVP Baseball 2005 (2005 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Baseball)
NBA Live 2005 (2004 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Basketball)
NFL Blitz (1998 Midway) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Football)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (2006 Konami) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Soccer)

PC

My Summer Car (2016 Amistech Games) - Steam - Simulation

Bomberman Hardball (Baseball)…...

Lets hope this doesnt end up like it does most of the time bombs are in stadiums…...

The graphics….. Are ok…… Nothing special……. I dont like the art style…… Way to cute and cuddly for me……. But they had a theme and stuck to it at least…… Thats about all I can say……..

The sounds……. Again they are ok…….. Nothing terrible but nothing great either……. The audio in general is VERY forgettable……. Nothing stands out at all…….

The controls……... Are very basic and lacks control features from other baseball games…….. Its very bare bones……. No power swings or contact hits…… Just swing and bunt…… You can choke up or grip down on the bat……. But that doesnt make any noticeable difference……..

Pitching is not much better……. And the same can be said about the fielding…… Its just so basic and missing so many features…….

The storyline.…… Spider wakes up…… Stumbles half asleep through the house to the kitchen……. Hes about to open the fridge when he sees a note duct taped to fridge door……

“I dont know anything about Baseball….. And since your the most sports gamery gamer I know……. I need you to review the Baseball segment of Bomberman Hardball for me……. And to make sure you do it……. Ive placed a bomb into the fridge wired to go off if you open the door…….. No bacon and eggs until you have done the review……. Pengling……..”

“GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!………” Spider yells in anger as he contemplates ways of getting the bacon and the eggs safely….. Spider gives up on that idea and decides to just review the game…...

The gameplay…… One word……. BORING……. This game has absolutely no heart or soul……. Its as sterile as a hospital hallway…… There is no excitement at all…… The game plods along and its very slow and meandering……. Which is what baseball is……. But if you want a realistic baseball game there are plenty fo choose from and all of them are much better as well……. This should had been a nice fast paced and quick arcade style baseball game……. A game played by robots should be more fun and exciting than this dross……. As proven by Super Baseball 2020…...

Overall…… This game is downright boring to play……. There is no fun or joy to be had at all….. The CIA should be using this as a torture device……. Terrorists would be spilling the beans on everything they knew within half a game…….

And that is why my final score for Bomberman Hardball (Baseball) is a Leaking Petrol Bomb out of 10………

For the first time in 2024…….. I award the baseball game in Bomberman Hardball…… The CC award….. No…… Not the Australian Corn Chips…….. But C.Rap Clowns……. The award given to the worst games I have ever played…… And the baseball game in Bomberman Hardball is by far the worst baseball game I have ever played……...

The Road To PES Penguin 6

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is at 4200 PES points out of 5000……….

Other Screenshots……...

Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)

MVP Baseball 2005 (2005 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Baseball)

I found BlackBloodRum again……..
My Summer Car (2016 Amistech Games) - Steam - Simulation

MLB 10: The Show (2010 Sony) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)

International Superstar Soccer 2000 (2000 Konami) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Soccer)

NFL Blitz (1998 Midway) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Football)

NBA Live 2005 (2004 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Basketball)

Well thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
Q: What do you call a short mother???.......
A: Minimum.......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Pengling Apr 14

My pick this week is PathBlasters (Native Linux), which is like Bomberman + light Sokoban elements in a narrow vertically-scrolling space whilst being chased by a giant monster. It's a lot of fun and it can get quite tense!

The game got a post from Liam on GOL's front-page this week, at which point I instantly bought it. It's definitely been worth it so far.

[+..••] Other stuff that I played this week;

Biomutant (Proton)

Bomberman Online (Dreamcast)

Mario Party 2 (N64)

Rayman 2: The Great Escape (Dreamcast)

Rayman Revolution (PS2)

Stumble Guys (Proton)

Super Bomberman R 2 (Proton)

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderBomberman Hardball (Baseball)…...

Lets hope this doesnt end up like it does most of the time bombs are in stadiums…...

The graphics….. Are ok…… Nothing special……. I dont like the art style…… Way to cute and cuddly for me……. But they had a theme and stuck to it at least…… Thats about all I can say……..

The sounds……. Again they are ok…….. Nothing terrible but nothing great either……. The audio in general is VERY forgettable……. Nothing stands out at all…….

The controls……... Are very basic and lacks control features from other baseball games…….. Its very bare bones……. No power swings or contact hits…… Just swing and bunt…… You can choke up or grip down on the bat……. But that doesnt make any noticeable difference……..

Pitching is not much better……. And the same can be said about the fielding…… Its just so basic and missing so many features…….

The storyline.…… Spider wakes up…… Stumbles half asleep through the house to the kitchen……. Hes about to open the fridge when he sees a note duct taped to fridge door……

“I dont know anything about Baseball….. And since your the most sports gamery gamer I know……. I need you to review the Baseball segment of Bomberman Hardball for me……. And to make sure you do it……. Ive placed a bomb into the fridge wired to go off if you open the door…….. No bacon and eggs until you have done the review……. Pengling……..”

“GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!………” Spider yells in anger as he contemplates ways of getting the bacon and the eggs safely….. Spider gives up on that idea and decides to just review the game…...

The gameplay…… One word……. BORING……. This game has absolutely no heart or soul……. Its as sterile as a hospital hallway…… There is no excitement at all…… The game plods along and its very slow and meandering……. Which is what baseball is……. But if you want a realistic baseball game there are plenty fo choose from and all of them are much better as well……. This should had been a nice fast paced and quick arcade style baseball game……. A game played by robots should be more fun and exciting than this dross……. As proven by Super Baseball 2020…...

Overall…… This game is downright boring to play……. There is no fun or joy to be had at all….. The CIA should be using this as a torture device……. Terrorists would be spilling the beans on everything they knew within half a game…….

And that is why my final score for Bomberman Hardball (Baseball) is a Leaking Petrol Bomb out of 10………

For the first time in 2024…….. I award the baseball game in Bomberman Hardball…… The CC award….. No…… Not the Australian Corn Chips…….. But C.Rap Clowns……. The award given to the worst games I have ever played…… And the baseball game in Bomberman Hardball is by far the worst baseball game I have ever played……...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well, that certainly explains why I couldn't get my head around it! The golf and the tennis are definitely better than that.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderThe Road To PES Penguin 6

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is at 4200 PES points out of 5000……….
Only 800 to go!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNow for my bad joke of the week……
Q: What do you call a short mother???.......
A: Minimum.......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Hahaha!
Quoting: Pengling
My pick this week is PathBlasters (Native Linux), which is like Bomberman + light Sokoban elements in a narrow vertically-scrolling space whilst being chased by a giant monster. It's a lot of fun and it can get quite tense!

The game got a post from Liam on GOL's front-page this week, at which point I instantly bought it. It's definitely been worth it so far.
Im shocked...... shocked I tells ya...... I never thought you would play a Bomebrman like game........

Biomutant (Proton)
Looks like a Koala.......

Bomberman Online (Dreamcast)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!.......

Mario Party 2 (N64)
You have enough friends for a Mario Party???....

Rayman 2: The Great Escape (Dreamcast)
I read that as Rainman 2.........
Incidentally thats a series I do need to play as well.......

Rayman Revolution (PS2)
Seems like you had the Ray bug this week....... Least it wasnt an X-Ray bug........

Stumble Guys (Proton)
Is this the game that Fall Guys is ripping off????..........

Super Bomberman R 2 (Proton)
GOD DAMMIT PWNGLING!! x2......

Quoting: PenglingHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well, that certainly explains why I couldn't get my head around it! The golf and the tennis are definitely better than that.
Was hoping you would like that review...... I was waiting for you to kill me when I gave it the CC Award.....
You really need to try Mario Superstar Baseball on the GameCube......

Quoting: PenglingOnly 800 to go!
Its taking almost as long as your stupid Alien Crush quest.......

Quoting: PenglingHahaha!
I thought you would like that joke.....
Pengling Apr 18
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderIm shocked...... shocked I tells ya...... I never thought you would play a Bomebrman like game........
It's totally unexpected, I know!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderLooks like a Koala.......
I dunno, I think people'd rightly be a bit worried if they saw a koala who looks like my Biomutant character;

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!.......
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PWNGLING!! x2......

Quoting: PenglingYou have enough friends for a Mario Party???....
Yes. Though I was playing solo that time!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderI read that as Rainman 2.........
Incidentally thats a series I do need to play as well.......
If you only play one, make it Rayman 2. It is a superb game, and a long-time resident on my personal best-games-of-all-time list.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderSeems like you had the Ray bug this week....... Least it wasnt an X-Ray bug........
I've had a lot of trouble getting various versions of Rayman 2 to work under emulation - after encountering crashing problems with the N64 and Dreamcast versions, I figured I'd try out the PlayStation 2 port (which was bizarrely renamed to "Rayman Revolution" and sold with hilariously edgelordified box-art), but they made a bunch of changes to it that I don't like because they break up and ruin the originally-intended flow of the game.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderIs this the game that Fall Guys is ripping off????..........
Hahahahahahahaha!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWas hoping you would like that review...... I was waiting for you to kill me when I gave it the CC Award.....
If the baseball is bad, it's bad. Not every entry in a franchise is a winner.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderYou really need to try Mario Superstar Baseball on the GameCube......
I should!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderIts taking almost as long as your stupid Alien Crush quest.......
It was epic.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderI thought you would like that joke.....
Yep!

Last edited by Pengling on 18 April 2024 at 6:09 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.