Deus Ex GOTY Weird Resolution Issue on Steam But Not GOG
I have Deus Ex GOTY on both GOG and Steam. I just booted them both up and noticed that on the Steam version the resolution only goes as high as 1920x800 but on the GOG version I can go all the way to my native 2560x1440. Any idea why this is ?

Both are the same game version (1.12fm). On Steam i'm using Proton 8.0-5 while on the GOG version i'm using heroic Games Launcher with Wine 9.3.
Trias Apr 15
Can't confirm. I didn't check GOG, but Steam lets me pick 1920x1080 resolution OotB, so I can say the game supports 16:9 aspect ratio just fine. And it can go at least one step above 1920x800. What you are getting is weird...

P. S. Same game and Proton versions.

P. P. S. What GPU the game detected on the first run? Mine was recognized as "ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series". And also, what will happen if you manually edit resolution in DeusEx.ini file? To at least 1920x1080?
Quoting: PublicNuisanceSteam version the resolution only goes as high as 1920x800
Just a shot in the dark. Do you use gamescope and limited the resolution there?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.