Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Hi, i need help with wine read access denied issue.
Page: «3/4»
  Go to:
Alexander May 10
The Disc itself should be readable as is no matter what.

Or what type of detection do you mean? It sounds like its just to Old, defekt now? The Disc itself or the Drive showing its Age.

Last edited by Alexander on 10 May 2024 at 8:32 am UTC
Caldathras May 10
Quoting: talionranger117just curious. i notice my elder scrolls 3 morrowind install disc is not being detected like my other discs are. is it cause its an old software comaptability issue?

i was able to install it before on other distros.

not sure why this wont detect it.

i was able to now install quake 1, quake 2 and 4, doom 3 and wolfenstein platinum edition.

now i cant install elder scrolls 3 morrowind.

The Morrowind install disc has no copy protection. The game just performs a disc check at launch. Have you tried my "disc image" folder trick or your ISO file trick?

I misplaced my original install disc so I haven't been able to test installing from CD since Mint 17. Now, I just use the offline GOG installer, which I picked up dirt cheap during one of their sales.

If you have a backup of the install folder, that would be enough to set it up with OpenMW. Another option you can try.

Are you able to test the install in Windows? That would let you know if the problem is with the disc itself. The disc could be worn out. That happened to me with my TES4: Oblivion disc.

Last edited by Caldathras on 10 May 2024 at 4:18 pm UTC
Quoting: AlexanderThe Disc itself should be readable as is no matter what.

Or what type of detection do you mean? It sounds like its just to Old, defekt now? The Disc itself or the Drive showing its Age.

possible, i did it had cleaned and it use to be able to load wya before. im guessing the age finally showed.
Quoting: Caldathras
Quoting: talionranger117just curious. i notice my elder scrolls 3 morrowind install disc is not being detected like my other discs are. is it cause its an old software comaptability issue?

i was able to install it before on other distros.

not sure why this wont detect it.

i was able to now install quake 1, quake 2 and 4, doom 3 and wolfenstein platinum edition.

now i cant install elder scrolls 3 morrowind.

The Morrowind install disc has no copy protection. The game just performs a disc check at launch. Have you tried my "disc image" folder trick or your ISO file trick?

I misplaced my original install disc so I haven't been able to test installing from CD since Mint 17. Now, I just use the offline GOG installer, which I picked up dirt cheap during one of their sales.

If you have a backup of the install folder, that would be enough to set it up with OpenMW. Another option you can try.

Are you able to test the install in Windows? That would let you know if the problem is with the disc itself. The disc could be worn out. That happened to me with my TES4: Oblivion disc.

i was able to install way before it. but, seems even hading it clean did no good.

it was dirty on the bottom disc.

im guessing its worn out. the blueray player is detecting it. but, struggles to load it. which means its the disc itself. i had for sometime. it is a elder scrolls anthology disc.

unforunately i dont have the backup files for it.
ok, i was able to insert my disc for oblivion. finally got it too detect it.

so im copying the files now. so i dont have to do it again later on.
finally got it too load the disc. so im copying files now.
i got both my id software games from dvd and now both morrowind an doblivion installed.

thank you for your guys help.

i use the iso idea for now on for games that need it.
talionranger117 7 days ago
ok, i reedited this.

i was able to get it to launch now.

now the only left is figuring it out the black screen issue when it tries to get to the main menu.

thoguh i do wonder why resident evil launcher works over resident evil 5 9 and 10 exe.

almost getting it to work. i add wmvcore.dll and then it crashes. i have also xlive.dll and xlive.dll.cat and msidcr140.dll.

what else am i missing?

after it goesto that black screen. it crashes. so i wodner if i need a different file.

Last edited by talionranger117 on 14 May 2024 at 4:27 am UTC
Alexander 6 days ago
There can you hijack some tips:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/1253

ignore that the tips are in a proton Thread.
talionranger117 6 days ago
Quoting: AlexanderThere can you hijack some tips:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/1253

ignore that the tips are in a proton Thread.

thanks. they say in that thread i need wmp11 for it to run?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.