Receiver is getting a much expanded sequel! Wolfire Games (Overgrowth, Lugaru) have confirmed Receiver 2 is releasing with Linux support next year.
If you've not played the original, which also has Linux support, this is no arcade game or Call of Duty-like. This is a gun simulation. You can learn how a gun works with it and enemies are not bullet sponges, a well placed shot will take someone or something down. It's all based on gun mechanic realism.
- Sidearms modeled down to every spring and pin
- Enemies with physically-based damage models
- Ballistic modeling of ricochets, penetration, and bullet drop
- Train your mind to defend against the Mindkill
- Become literate in how guns actually operate
Receiver 2 will be staying as a single-player game, they confirmed no mutliplayer is planned for it. They also said it will have a lot more content compared to the original. So expect more guns and a deeper gun simulation.
You can wishlist/follow it on Steam.