Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Diablo for Linux (freeablo)
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
gbudny Apr 17, 2016
I want to indicate that seven issues with Freeablo have to be solved before the new version will be released:

https://github.com/wheybags/freeablo/milestones

Closed issues:

player starts with correct inventory
refactor main.cpp
inventory
sync of generated levels
basic sync of player actor
level generation for dungeon level 4
melee combat

Open issues:

change player sprite according to what they have equipped
refactor rendering
NPC ai Feature
actor stats required for combat
sync of npcs in levels
Basic multiplayer Feature
save/load
gbudny Aug 21, 2016
There is a first video of the multiplayer mode in Freeablo:

"Hi all,

There’s been some progress on multiplayer, I’ve been working to switch to a unit tested serialisation framework based on the gafferongames article series here.

So far most stuff is working, with the notable exception of monsters in the dungeon. Below is a short video demo:

Also, another big announcement, following this forum post, brightlord, the developer behind the Diablo 1 HD mod/Tchernobog has shared the sources for Tchernobog with me to use as a resource for the further development of freeablo. So, a big thanks to him for that, and here’s hoping it’ll come in useful in the future. I’m afraid, however, I can’t share the sources at the moment, but chunks of them will probably end up in the freeablo codebase."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5geJonvZFQ
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.