Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers

Talking point: What are you playing this weekend?

It's nearly the end of January already, feels like the year is going rather quickly! With all the releases we've had lately along with some excellent games last year, what are you clicking on this weekend?

I'm rather sick from a nasty bug going around my Son's school so I shall mostly be moaning, groaning and playing something like Slay the Spire since it's ridiculously good and requires very little actual effort. Bonus points to it for working very nicely on my notebook so I can do it in bed.

I might also be catching up on some more Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus, since I've been having a lot of fun with it and the turn-based nature of it means I can take my time. I'm still in a little shock at just how atmospheric and stylish it is, they did a good job.

If you're stuck and looking for something new, Steam has two interesting sales going on right now. Their Aussie Sale 2019 runs until Monday and their Global Game Jam Sale is also on until tomorrow!

There's also the GOG Weekly Sale, there's a few days left on the Humble Double Fine Presents Bundle and the Caffeine bundle both with great games.

What are you playing and what do you think about it?

Tags: Misc
The comments on this article are closed.

ArtyomHavok 27 January 2019 at 1:05 am UTC
I found a pretty nice thrust master steering wheel pedal combo at a goodwill thrift store so I'm playing American truck simulator. (Also journey to silus on my RetroPie)
YourPalMark 27 January 2019 at 1:17 am UTC
Enjoying a bit of ARK: Survival Evolved via Steam Play. Looks and plays much like it does on Windows, and much better than the native Linux version. I like it!
ageres 27 January 2019 at 2:28 am UTC
X6205This might help a bit..
It didn't unfortunately.
Comandante ÑoñardoI have to feed my three new Steam Accounts
What's the point of using a bunch of accounts?
Comandante Ñoñardo 27 January 2019 at 2:56 am UTC
ageres
Comandante ÑoñardoI have to feed my three new Steam Accounts
What's the point of using a bunch of accounts?

Order... Beautiful gaming order.... Each game in the right place.
Dragunov 27 January 2019 at 2:58 am UTC
Been playing Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction. Simply a Classic.
Shmerl 27 January 2019 at 3:22 am UTC
Finally back to playing The Witcher 3 (Wine+dxvk).
Shmerl 27 January 2019 at 3:26 am UTC
FredOThe Witcher 3 (Proton) - after 73 hours of gameplay I finally reached the end of the main storyline. The hype about this game is validated...

amataiThe Witcher 3, I'm destroying my overwhelmingly Linux Only play times, but this game worth it

Feel free to share your experiences in this thread.
ageres 27 January 2019 at 4:47 am UTC
Comandante ÑoñardoOrder... Beautiful gaming order.... Each game in the right place.
Weren't categories added to Steam for organizing games? Besides, you'll have to memorize where's that one game you want to play. Also, if you have friends on Steam, they have to add all your accounts. If you are offline, they wouldn't know where to send a message. I'm not even saying about planning co-op gaming.
ZombieBarricades 27 January 2019 at 4:57 am UTC
The Expanse series 3 on Zorin.
hummer010 27 January 2019 at 5:02 am UTC
I'm playing Real Life this weekend. One kids hockey Saturday, other kids birthday party Sunday.

I might try and sneak some Helium Rain in somewhere though.

Last edited by hummer010 on 27 January 2019 at 5:03 am UTC