Axis & Allies Online, the digital adaption of the classic that Beamdog announced last month is coming to Linux and we can now actually see what it looks like.
As a reminder, Axis & Allies Online is based on Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition along with plenty of upgrades you would expect to see in digital form. It's going to start off in Early Access and they're not giving a date on when that will be just yet.
Previously, they only had a video teaser available and it showed absolutely nothing in-game. So here's a few shots of how it's going to look:
What it will feature:
- The complete Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition experience
- Play in real time or asynchronously
- Optional AI players
- Learn-to-play with easy-to-use tutorials
- Selectable victory conditions
- Keep informed with interactive game guide and war diaries
- Over 20 minutes of all-new period appropriate music
Good to see something different from Beamdog, especially good to see them continue to support Linux. When I messaged their CEO, Trent Oster, last month about continued Linux support they simply replied with "We have to support our peeps". Oster has always replied really openly to me and nicely about Linux support too, really awesome.
You can wishlist and follow it on Steam.