Commandos 2 - HD Remaster, announced with Linux support back in June now has a first gameplay trailer ahead of Gamescom.
Originally developed by Pyro Studios, it's now being handled by Yippee! Entertainment with Kalypso Media Digital acting as publisher since they acquired the rights back in 2018.
Here's the new footage:
- Re-imagined in HD with reworked controls, modernized UI and an overhauled tutorial.
- Interactive environments: steal enemy uniforms and weapons, climb poles, swing from cables, swim, utilize vehicles, and climb in/out of buildings, ships and planes.
- Control nine unique commandos, each with different skills and specializations including green beret, sniper, demolition expert, diver, seductress and thief.
- The Commandos series’ first appearance in a modern 3D Engine: rotate the environment 360 degrees, move seamlessly in and out of buildings, submarines, planes and underwater, and zoom in and out of the environment.
- Authentic WWII scenarios: 10 missions spanning 9 different environments in night and day, with realistic weather effects.
- The choice is yours: how you tackle each mission is up to you. Experiment with skills and weapons in a challenging “against the odds” gameplay style.
- WWII vehicles and weapons, including jeeps, tanks, trucks, ships, bazookas and flame-throwers.
You can wishlist/follow it on Steam. It's due to release sometime in Q4 later this year.
Since I absolutely adored Commandos, I'm super happy that Commandos 2 HD is coming to Linux. Such a great game, hopefully Yippee! Entertainment will do it justice.
As a reminder, Praetorians HD Remaster (trailer) was also announced at the same time. While Kalypso Media Digital are publishing both, each game has a different developer and only Commandos 2 is coming to Linux.