Spiritfarer has me so extremely curious, coming from Thunder Lotus Games (Sundered, Jotun) it's a 'cozy management game about dying' and a short gameplay teaser is out.
This is one I actually missed, when it and others had a short demo up for The Game Awards recently (I was too busy enjoying CARRION) so this is the first proper footage I've seen of it. In Spiritfarer, you play as Stella, a ferrymaster to the deceased. It's your job to care for their spirits before they get released into the afterlife. A highly unusual setting for such a sim although it has the usual mechanics like mining, farming and so on but the setting definitely hits a new spot.
Check out their teaser below:
Here's a highlight of some features planned:
- Enjoy beautiful hand-drawn art and animation.
- Build, manage, and improve your own ferry.
- Farm, mine, fish, harvest, cook, weave, craft! An endless variety of activities await you!
- Meet, take on board, care for, and forge relationships with a cast of memorable characters.
- Run, jump, and glide your way through elegantly constructed platforming levels.
- Explore a fantastic and imaginative world. Seek and gather resources to craft upgrades for your ship and gifts for your passengers.
- Experience moving, emotional stories filled with unforgettable moments.
- Unwind for hours into cozy and relaxing gameplay. 30 hours to finish, hundreds more to experience everything Spiritfarer has to offer.
- Make the adventure your own with rich customization options for your boat, character, even the cat!
- Play as Daffodil the cat in optional local co-op. Supports Remote Play Together.
Spiritfarer will release with Linux support sometimes later this year, you can wishlist it on Steam.