Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal, Flattr, Liberapay or Buy us a Coffee. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.

Three years after the Kickstarter campaign, the great looking dark sci-fi action RPG Hellpoint from Cradle Games and tinyBuild is confirmed for launch with Linux support on April 16.

Hellpoint is an intense, dark sci-fi RPG set on a derelict space station orbiting an ominous supermassive black hole. Taking inspiration from games like Dark Souls and Dead Space and movies like Event Horizon and Hellraiser, Hellpoint is doubling down on co-op multiplayer (with both split-screen and online support) while immersing players in a twisted narrative involving Cosmic Gods, quantum physics, and extinct space civilizations. Sounds awesome, everything I want in a sci-fi game.

Check out the brand new trailer:

Feature Highlight:

• Souls-like gameplay in a unique setting: Explore the derelict space station of Irid Novo and face bizarre enemies with a tight and unforgiving combat system.
  • Occult space story: Blending science and fantasy, the intensely atmospheric dark sci-fi setting will keep you searching for answers.
  • Dynamic World: The Quantic System acts as a dungeon master; slightly transforming the game world every time you die and triggering events as the station revolves around the black hole.
  • Jump-in co-op and PvP multiplayer: Ask a friend to press Start to join a couch co-op session or call for assistance online. Hellpoint offers a full, uninterrupted co-op story with shared loot drops.
  • Split-screen support: The full Hellpoint experience is available in jump-in/jump-out split-screen multiplayer.

Nice to see a proper simultaneous release across Linux, macOS, Windows! Definitely going to be taking a good look at this, expect some thoughts up after release.

You can wishlist it now on Steam.

Beamboom 4 February 2020 at 2:25 pm UTC
Oh YAY! ❤️
scaine 4 February 2020 at 2:32 pm UTC
  • Contributing Editor
Great news! I've been following this for a while. Gonna be a long wait to mid-April!
Cyril 4 February 2020 at 4:48 pm UTC

QuoteSpecial note: to receive a GoG copy of the game, send an e-mail to admin@cradlegames.com and make a request. Please, keep in mind that GoG version will not support online features at launch, co-op multiplayer only.
Cr1ogen 4 February 2020 at 4:59 pm UTC
I waiting this game for years, I'm proudly ![](https://fotos.subefotos.com/eb29177bc81d441877b974fc6cc86c5do.jpg )
Karterii12 4 February 2020 at 5:18 pm UTC
The aesthetic is really cool, but man am I tired of Dark Souls games. I never got into this new 'genre' of action game. It's too bad, because all the Dark Souls clones have cool art design. Love to have this as a isometric Action RPG, or a Rune or Soul Reaver-like action-adventure game. Oh well...
TimeFreeze 4 February 2020 at 5:35 pm UTC
CyrilIt will be available on GOG too! I received an email about it as a backer but keep in mind:

Is it confirmed that the GOG version will include the Linux Version?

[Yes im looking at you: Turok 2, Postal 2......]
Cyril 4 February 2020 at 5:57 pm UTC
TimeFreeze

Is it confirmed that the GOG version will include the Linux Version?

[Yes im looking at you: Turok 2, Postal 2......]

Stop it, you're scaring me!

Last edited by Cyril on 4 February 2020 at 5:57 pm UTC
TimeFreeze 4 February 2020 at 7:25 pm UTC
Cyril
TimeFreeze

Is it confirmed that the GOG version will include the Linux Version?

[Yes im looking at you: Turok 2, Postal 2......]

Stop it, you're scaring me!

Okay okay i will make it better:

Today we announce that we have partnered with Epic Games and with that its (timed) exclusiv for 1 year and about that Linux Version? Yeah wont happen. Have a nice day sincerly the Devs.

Geppeto35 5 February 2020 at 8:30 am UTC
#grinch mode*
Narrow, dark corridors in a scary universe...

Translation: Scary universe is here only to justify a poor game with 1/ narrow corridors, 2/ design with no color, 3/ weak animation of creatures and 4/ linear gameplay. That sort of game is onyl good to create a depressive mood
Eike 5 February 2020 at 9:22 am UTC
Geppeto35I'm no longer scary about dark and sudden cries for decades, since my ten year old in fact. Not my cup of tea

I was so scared by Outlast, I stopped playing in the DLC.

None currently, submit yours here!