Help Will Come Tomorrow, a crowdfunded game developed by Arclight Creations, that takes place around the Russian October Revolution is out now.
"During the onset of the October Revolution in the uninhabitable Siberian wilderness, a group of passengers have survived the mysterious catastrophe of a Trans-Siberian railway train. They must endure in a harsh ice-clad climate until a rescue party arrives. Facing many dangers, their own weaknesses and, above all, their own prejudice, passengers from different social classes will have to unite and make decisions that often go against their beliefs. They will be constantly put to the test and will survive or the decisions will break them. How and if they survive and at what cost is up to the player."
It was funded on Kickstarter with around $14,980 only in March this year, with the funding helping towards the final polishing and also to pay for some audio work. Interestingly, in regards to a Linux version, they said they would "do everything to add Linux support" but wouldn't confirmed it for release day. Today though, at release, Linux support is in!
- Overcome class animosities between your party members in order to survive in an innovative class relations building system.
- Manage scarce resources and stay alive in frosty wilderness of Siberia before help arrives.
- Guide 9 unique characters coming from different social origins and grouping in three society classes
- Discover intimate stories and past of all party members
- Build and expand your own camp to increase the chances of survival
- Face dynamically changing weather conditions and unforgiving Siberian wildlife affecting survivors life.
- Experience in-game Event system based on characters relations and morale
- Immerse yourself in touching story set in 1917 pre - Bolschevik Imperial Russia
If you like the sound of it you can find Help Will Come Tomorrow on GOG and Steam.
You can see many more crowdfunded projects on our dedicated page.
Hope this fares a bit better in choices than that did.
See more from me