Currently in development with it classed as being in an "alpha state", Verdant Village seems like a sweet and promising high fantasy alternative to Stardew Valley with some new themes.
The developer has been working on it for some time already and they have plans to add in some big content to it like a combat system, hunting, a bigger world, alchemy and more fantasy themes. Exodus Software have been regularly updating it since it appeared on itch.io back in February but it's still clearly early on with plenty of bits not available yet.
- Plant a variety of crops and fruit trees
- Catch over a hundred different fish
- Mine ore, smelt it into metal, improve and build
- Cook a wide variety of different foods
- Decorate your home with a myriad of different furniture
- Help out your fellow town members for rewards
- Raise livestock like chickens, cows, and sheep
- Explore an vast and expanding world to discover all its secrets
It's an interesting look at what could end up being a really fun game to spend some time in and you can already go for a good few hours tending to your land. Seems to work great on Linux already too.
Try it free now on itch.io.