The award winning mobile game The Battle of Polytopia which we wrote about coming to Linux previously with a big revamp is now confirmed to be launching on August 4.
For the PC release which include Linux, macOS and Windows it's being rename to The Battle of Polytopia: Moonrise. This is to help identify the Steam release, which was ported over to the Unity game engine. Not only is it getting a PC release but it's going to be expanded for it, so it's not just a "mobile game" on PC. It will have bigger maps, better map generation, more map customization options, random multiplayer matchmaking and much more.
Check out their announcement trailer:
- Turn-based civilization strategy game
- Single-player and online multiplayer for up to twelve players (PC, Mac OSX) including matchmaking
- 4X gameplay (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit and eXterminate)
- Choose to play as one of 12 tribes each with their own unique nature, culture and attributes
- Exploration, warfare, farming, building and technology research provide a richly rewarding and varied gameplay experience
- Auto-generated maps ensure each game is a totally new experience
- Online leaderboards featuring the top scores for the best civilization builders
- Five map types – tiny, normal, large, huge, and massive!
- Configurable map types – Dryland, Lake, Continents, Archipelago and Water World
- Three game modes – Perfection, Domination and Creative
The Battle of Polytopia: Moonrise will launch August 4 at $14.99 with a 33% discount for 24 hours. You can find it on the Steam page here.
See more from me