A little midweek Zombie hunting? Sure, why the heck not. 7 Days to Die has a big upgrade out with Alpha 19. 7 Days to Die has become, slowly, one of the best open-world survival games around. They've gradually built it up with some seriously great features and Alpha 19 has continued that effort.
Some of the highlights include:
- HD Zombie models (some quite terrifying)
- New Survival System & Critical Injuries
- On Screen Sprite System for things like: Air Drops, Quest Markers, Player Bedrolls, Traders and more
- Better gamepad support
- World and Location updates along with lots of new environment art
- New Weapons & Items like an automatic shotgun and a Tactical Assault Rifle
- Enemy Break-through System so enemies react differently when breaking through a door, plus the same for when they fall door
It sure is starting to look pretty at times too with all the new environment art and visual effects. They've added in cloud moon glow, specific moon phases, sun punching through fog, new anti aliasing options, interior ambient light scaling, underwater fog, a background cloud layer, animation improvements, new trees and much more.
Saving the best for last: the Food and Water Bars have been added back to the UI.
One issue we've already seen in our testing on some machines (doesn't happen on all), is that when you go to make a new character they might not have a face…just some floating eyes. Slightly hilarious but if you see this issue, removing all the configuration files and saves fixes it. Found in "~/.local/share/7DaysToDie" and "~/.config/unity3d/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die".